Community post

Journal

3 miscarriages later and pregnant again!

Needless to say I am suitably cynical and expect it to go the same way. I have had tests privately and they cannot find anything wrong, my husband had a very disturbing DFI (Sperm DNA test) result that said he was infertile! The fact we have fallen pregnant 4 times in 14 months makes me doubt this and the consultant did say it was a controversial test in recurrent early pregnancy loss. Then why did he test us for it? Money, that's why, bloody private practice!

However, if this pregnancy goes the same way (loss before 8 weeks), we may have to consider he is one of the few who has sperm that can do the job (get to the egg and fertilise) but habours damaged DNA. I've read there is usually a high correlation between dodgy swimming sperm and dodgy DNA. As a result, he is going to do the simple standard sperm test today, just to look at the shape and speed of the swimmers. If they look fine, I believe its likely the DFI test he had was an anomaly, and we will repeat it in three months time just to check. In the meantime he has been on fertility tablets and I've made him wear looser pants

I have also had my first progesterone suppository last night, it looks like a small bullet and is much the same as a tampon application. I am currently 4+1 weeks today (If I ovulated when I think I did and to be fair I didnt track anything this month, so not too sure). CB digital said 2-3 weeks yesterday, so we will see what this week brings. I just can;t see any other result than this being another miscarriage. Sucks that recurrent loss does this to you!

16 Comments • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Comments | Last Page

I too had three miscarriages before having my rainbow baby. There is hope! I didn't get attached to her until they put her in my arms. Pregnancy after loss is hard as hell.

5 years ago

Well, look on the bright side... 2-3 weeks on an estimator is good. Your lines with your last pregnancy didn't progress really good. What do your lines look like on a regular test?

Mill

5 years ago

CB digital that says 2-3 weeks is really good count! It means HCG has to be over 2300 according to the box/web site. (I got one too). That's nice and high for so early. Sticky vibes to you! Damaged sperm just like damaged eggs can get better with supplements and better eating - so hopefully this one will work for you. Also, there are studies that the second ejaculation in an hour has better dna, better motility and speed - so you might want to try that too if this one doesn't work. Google it. It's very interesting.

5 years ago

Thankyou for all the support Yes Senyear - it's sad to think a positive test means nothing! Hi Calvin, I think 2-3 weeks means it has to be over 153. When it goes to 3+ weeks it's around 2700 something. Mill - I have just peed on a FRER and it's looking good for today which is 16 dpo.... just have had this before with miscarriage number 1 and 3 (the ones in my gallery are miscarriage 2!). Please let it stick!!!

5 years ago • Post starter

I've put my 16 dpo photo up, it looks good, this next week will be crucial.

Your test from today looks awesome!

5 years ago

Great line for 16 dpo

Mill

5 years ago

Well the frer line is getting darker and darker. I was shocked so did a Cb which now says 3+ weeks! I’ve never had 3 weeks before hitting 5+1 before. Maybe I randomly ovulated on 12 dpo instead of my standard 14 dpo, I hope it means it’s a strong embryo!! Xxx

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo