Community post

Discussion

Tubal Ligation success stories

My husband and I found out that we are expecting baby #2 in October and we couldn't be much happier. We both decided that two is enough as my husband is a much older than me (age is only a number). Upon telling my parents that they are going to be grandparents, and mentioning that we are not having anymore; my mom asked if one of us is going to either get a vasectomy or get my tubes tied if I have to have a c-section. I asked my husband if he would ever consider getting a vasectomy and he said hell no. You are basically taking his manhood away. I myself am on the fence as I am unsure if I want anymore after this. I guess my question is, for the ladies who got their tubes tied, did you regret it and did you end up getting a reversed tubal ligation and how long did it take for you to conceive after the procedure? Thank you kindly ladies.

User image[/url]

4 Replies • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Definite regret. Because now i can't in change my mind and the clamps fell off

5 years ago

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure what you mean by clamps. Does that mean you could never conceive again? My husband and I briefly talked about it tonight and I asked him again if he would and he says no as it's too late for that. He will be 61 when the baby is born and I will be 34. I told him that I was still unsure but wouldn't mind a third if it was a few years down the road; thinking around age 37. I don't want my third to be by another man should my husband passes.

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Post starter

If you are already thinking about a potential reversal, that's probably enough evidence that you aren't sure.

5 years ago

Don't do it if you are not 100 % sure you don't want more children. I had a tubal ligation at 29 years old. I had a reversal at 39. Been trying 2 1/2 years now, but after some test , and tubal flushing things are looking promising. I divorced , remarried a man with no children. So naturally I want to have a baby... you may end up in the same position some day, so my advice is do not do it unless you are 100 % sure . Reversal surgery is extremely painful as far a recovery.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo