Community post

Question

Evap line or positive test? Please help!

Hello all,
I have PCOS and an very irregular with my period and ovulation cycles. I got a positive ovulation test on Feb 24th, which would mean I am about 14pdo. I have tender/full feeling breasts, semi frequent cramping daily for over a week now, and lots of headaches. I have been jumping the gun and taking tests almost everyday since 9dpo all coming up negative. I gave up hope after a negative test this morning (14pko) but went back to check it after around 15 min and a faint line had appeared. I am trying not to get my hopes up as I am afraid it is an Evap line, but I have never seen one before today I am just so anxious and confused. It seems to have a pink tone to me but my eyes could be played tricks on me. Any advice would be extremely helpful. I will post a pic of the test so you can see!

user submitted image

3 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Hi. I’ve had an evap before but it was a lot fainter than that. I’ve also had a line on a test that’s taken awhile to show up - it was a positive. What tests are you using? Are they very sensitive ones? Ive always found first response the best for picking up hcg earlier on. Test again and IF you can, wait a couple of days before you do (I always give that advice but I’m peeing on sticks from as early as poss too each cycle!!) xx good luck - sending baby dust!!!! xx

6 years ago

If it has color to it it’s positive if no color it’s a evaporate line

6 years ago

Thank you guys for your feedback. I ended up getting two more positives yesterday so I was feeling great. Unfortunately I believe I miscarried last night. This has been such an emotional roller coaster.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo