Community post

Discussion

IVF...7 retrieved. 6 fertilized. The waiting game!

Anyone else in my boat? Just looking for a little support this week. Thanks!

20 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 20 Replies | Last Page

That's fantastic!! I'm rooting for you! My advice, don't get caught up in the numbers of how many retrieved. You have the perfect amount! I had IVF in November and they retrieved 23 eggs but only 10 fertilized and only 3 made it to be frozen. How many are you going to transfer? Are you doing a fresh or frozen?

User image

6 years ago

Thank you! 23 eggs?!?! Wow! Was that cycle successful for you? It’s funny that you say not to worry about the numbers because that makes me worry even more! Haha. It seems like you have to have a big number in order to, ultimately, be successful.

We are doing a frozen transfer because we are doing the full, pre-transfer genetic testing. This is our second cycle. Our first cycle resulted in 4 retrieved...one mature...2 more matured overnight...3 fertilized...none made it past day 3. I’m 39 years old. I did have one natural pregnancy in September of 2016, but miscarried a week after we found out.

6 years ago • Post starter

Sorry! I said don't focus on the numbers in case you thought 7 was low, it's not. I over stimulated and the cycle was cancelled. Out of those 23 eggs, only 3 were usable so my success rate was very low compared to yours!

My RE always thought frozen was better anyway, it's a lot more pills, I was taking 26 of them at one point. Our following cycle in December was successful. Are you transferring one or two eggs? We did 14 cycles for my son and 8 cycles for this pregnancy.

User image

6 years ago

I see, now, that you’re pregnant with twins! (I just got on this site last night, so it’s taking me a minute to get used to.) Congratulations! I’m seriously so happy for you! I can’t believe what you’ve been through to get to this point. You’re a warrior. Does the disappointment get easier over time? I was crushed after my first one was unsuccessful. So, I’m trying not to get my hopes up. We are transferring two. I’ve wanted twins my entire life, so maybe it’s meant to be...? How many did you transfer? Are you finding out the genders?

Thanks, it wasn't easy, multiple surgeries and meanwhile telling no one.

The disappointment gets easier, I just remind myself that I can't quit because I've come so far and if I quit I would wish I was back where I was currently. Each month was that much closer to succeeding. I am willing to fight for my children and for some of us mommas that fight starts before conception. Don't ever let someone tell you that you are not meant to be a mother because you are! You have the fight and determination to get this far, don't let anyone hold you back now, including yourself. You're already here, You're already in pain, make it worth it.

We transferred two on this last cycle, been doing one at a time because I was worried about twins... we were disappointed with my last cycle and tired so we made the last minute decision to transfer two. We figured with my son's pregnancy we had transferred two and only got one so it should work again... yeah right. lol Both eggs took. We will be finding out the genders, it'll be Mid-April.

User image

6 years ago

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your words. It is hard. I have told a few close friends. But, that’s different than having someone to talk to who has gone through this. I would really like to find someone who is at the same stage in the process, too. But, I’m not sure how to do that. So, the fact that you’re taking the time to reply to me really means a lot.

If you don’t mind me asking, did you use donor eggs? My doctor mentioned that option after the first failed cycle (but, he wasn’t encouraging it by any means). My husband and I have decided that we will not take that route. That being said, I feel like I won’t know when to give up. Never? I’m going to be 40 in June. We are paying for everything out of pocket. Fortunately, we have been blessed with incomes to be able to do that. But, we would not just be able to continue indefinitely.

Your twins story makes me giggle. It’s like God was saying, “Hey...it’s obvious you want babies. You don’t get to make the call with how many you get.”

@coelh102. Hi there! Sorry to barge in on the conversation. I just found out today (bloodwork) that I am pregnant with my second. I was getting positives since 8dpo and period was due Sunday. I was looking at your countdown ticker and was wondering how you got that. Was that before the site was updated? I also have a little question about twins. Twins run on my side (1 set) and heard that it can be passed down. The lady at the doctors office gave me what I think are my levels (506) and I have been feeling some pains in both sides of my stomach. Could that be twins?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Schaeferblue22: I totally understand not knowing how far to go with this. We were fortunate enough insurance covered a lot of it but our clinic was an hour and a half away and we have terrible winter storms so that's what limited us mostly but we pushed through it. We didn't use donor eggs, my body just doesn't process the hormones the way it should, I have PCOS, endometriosis and a blocked Fallopian tube. I always figured, when I was done, I'd know without the shadow of a doubt. Don't ask yourself when to give up, just keep going and you will know when it's time but I don't think you are there yet. Don't give up, keep fighting.

Also yes, I feel like it was fate laughing at us for tempting it twice so boom, twins. We are thrilled and honestly more excited and relaxed about it than we thought we would be so I feel it was suppose to happen in the end. I had a feeling from the very beginning that we would end up with twins, hence why we did one egg at a time at first.

If you have any questions about the process in general, don't hesitate to ask. I hope more people chime in that are at your stage as well.

dragonfly23: I got my ticker off lilypie and then copied and pasted the code over. I am not sure when it comes to the pains, I didn't have any with this pregnancy, I just knew it was twins right away through gut instincts, then I got my blood results for 9dp5dfet(14dpo) and they were 386, levels are different for every woman but I knew from my previous pregnancy that for my son it was 122 at 9dp5dt so it was another hint that I had twins. Then at 11dp5dt(16DPO) my levels were 895. We did an ultrasound at 5w1d and confirmed it was fraternal twins. However, not everyone has high HCG for twins and I know some mommas with higher HCG but they had a singleton. Only real way to know is an ultrasound.

User image

6 years ago

Well, one day down with no bad news. Ok take it! Thanks, again!

@coelh102. Thank you very much for commenting. I just have that feeling it might be twins but you are right, every woman is different and the levels will be different. Do you know what you are having or are you going to wait?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo