Community post

Question

Ovulation on birth control pills just before IVF?!?!

Has this happened to anyone? I was on 4 weeks of birth control pills. My baseline (yesterday) is showing high levels of estrogen and progesterone. I’ve heard of elevated estrogen (E2) at baseline, which is normally caused by a cyst. But, I’ve been all over the internet and can’t find anything about elevated E2 AND progesterone (P4). The doctor seems to think that I ovulated on the pill and that my levels might be on their way down or I might be pregnant! The ultrasound showed no cyst, and there is no other explanation he can think of. Of course, the cycle is on hold to see if I start my period and my levels decrease. The blood test (yesterday, too) came back negative for HCG. But, it’s only been 10 days since we had intercourse that could’ve resulted in pregnancy. Anyone??? Thank you!

3 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I ovulated on BC. Idk my E2 and P4 levels, as I wasn't doing any type of fertility testing etc, but yes u can definitely O while on BC...and conceive. My BC baby is 17. Hopefully u get ur baby outta this!
Good luck! =))

6 years ago

Wow! That must have been quite the surprise for you! My levels have confirmed that I did, in fact, ovulate. The question now is: Am I pregnant?!?! Even though we are going through IVF...I did have one natural pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage in 2016. So, it’s not outside the realm of possibility. Still no period or PMS (for me, cramps)- just a whomping headache, which is all I had in 2016. Wouldn’t that be something? Pregnant just before IVF on the pill! Haha. I think I’d make history with that one!

6 years ago • Post starter

We were both in shock! We call him our "planned surprise". We had been talking about ttc but I wanted to finish that cycle of pills so I didn't screw anything up. We planned to start the following cycle...but it never came. Surprise!! =))

It definitely wouldn't be out of the realm. The headache could be a good sign for u. It's not uncommon to have headaches or migraines in the early stages of pregnancy. Those hormones wreak havoc on the body. Some women spend their days with nausea and vomiting...I migraine my way through the first tri.
Hopefully u get ur BFP and save urself a bit of money. =))

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo