Community post

Journal

3rd Beta and progesterone results....

I'm really nervous at this point. My last draw was last week on Wednesday when my hcg was 2,325. I called the office after spotting most the weekend and requested another draw on Monday. This is 5 days later and my hcg was 7,866 and my prometrium was only 12.2. So they are going to have me double my dose to 2 tabs at night. I'm pretty worried and need some good stories. Is that hcg doubling enough? If it was 2325 on wed last week, of it doubles every 48 hrs, shouldn't it be over 9300 by now?

Mill

8 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

Okay so I used the Doubling calculator on CMP and it looks like your doubling time is 68.24 hours. Which is within the normal range, your HCG levels seem normal. Try to keep positive. Thinking of you guys. When is your U/S?

6 years ago

On the 24th :-(

Mill

6 years ago • Post starter

Don't stress love, I know it is scary, and I am sure I will hear it form someone, but I feel like it is scarier for people like us who have waited so long. You spend so much time hearing all these stories from other ladies. Your numbers are increasing and you are taking the progesterone supplements.

6 years ago

I totally agree with Tracy. Your numbers are still within normal doubling limits. I'm a little surprised that your doctor isn't being a little more proactive about getting your progesterone up, maybe suppositories or something, but I'm not a doctor. Make sure you ask questions if you have them, don't let them blow you off. Everything seems pretty good to me, and I have a good feeling that it'll all turn out great. Try not to stress yourself too much. When I was worrying about not having any embryos make it to freezing, someone said to me don't worry about it. God wouldn't have brought you this far for nothing. And then everything turned out great. You've waited long enough. :)

User Image

6 years ago

Thank you ladies. I just feel like I am doing the freaking drs.job.I should have to call and request my progesterone be checked again, they should be on top of this. The hcg numbers freaked me out, but I did read that at some point, the doubling time does slow down. He may not understand how important this is for me, but he should.... I am doing what I can, hoping, praying, and trying to take it easy as much as possible when I'm not working. Thank you ladies so much for the encouraging words!

Mill

6 years ago • Post starter

My sister-in-law had a doubling time of 73 hours. Her progesterone was only at 10 at 6 weeks.
She freaked out a lot because she had spotting and at times light flow. She was told of threatened mc a few times....Doctors never gave her any progesterone supplements or anything of the sort.
Her son is 3 months old now.
I hope that gives you a bit of relief.
My prayers go out to you. Positive vibes. H&H 9 months!

6 years ago

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." ~Romans 15:13

I may not understand what the levels mean, but I understand prayer and faith. I'm praying that all is well. The 24th will be here before you know it. Good news is on the way. HUGS

6 years ago

Congratulations!!! So so pleased to read this update! xxx

User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo