Community post

Journal

Over-reacting??

Cycle day 44. Still no period, another negative test, another blood test, another wait. Felt like i was an over-reacting nuisance going to the doctor. She clearly didn't seem concerned because as she put it, i have already had bloods this cycle all of which showed no thyroid problems or hormonal issues everything was as it should be. I was also given an internal exam and everything looked healthy and my swabs came back normal too. So if anything serious was going on it would have been picked up and she seems to think that if the blood result i get on friday doesn't provide an answer then i should do another pregnancy test next week and see what that says. Then depending what happens she will see me again on the 4th March. Also getting her point across that if i get a positive in the meantime to make sure i cancel the appointment!! Clearly not desperate to see me again anytime soon and so i was left feeling very frustrated. Am i over-reacting? To suddenly miss a period after tests have shown that everything is in normal working order?? Surely if a period doesnt turn up it means one of 2 things, either pregnancy or a hormonal issue. According to her its not my hormones that are the problem. But a pregnancy test says negative :? She calmly explained that it is quite common for some women to not produce hcg straight away and that everybody is different and as the earliest i have ever tested positive is 6 weeks its really not that big a deal. I should just wait and see. Telling someone who has spent the last 8 months ttc and waiting month after month for that period to skip that they still have to wait some more is incredibly frustrating! I have waited 8 months for the wicked witch to fail to show her face. The most reliable sign of being pregnant is a missed period. Its a fact. But not for me apparently! I actually cried when i got home i felt that deflated. Even thinking about this now i could cry. Somehow i need to find the patience and strength to get through each day as it comes and just hope that at the end of it all there will be something good.

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo