Community post

Journal

Only the best for my future bean

As I was bored today I started browsing through Babies R Us website. Looking through this and that, and seeing what I like and prices and such. Don't get me wrong, I know having a baby is EXPENSIVE but I was just amazed how quickly after 10 minutes my shopping cart had a total of $947.92....and all I had in there was:
-a bathing tub
-Boppy infant support pillow
-Snuggles bouncer
-Playmat
-Infant swing
-Movement monitor
-4-1 chair seating system
-Graco travel system with a stroller and car seat

Hold on....but what about the rest!? Holy cow...it really got me thinking. I am sure everyone always thinks about how much it takes and how expensive it is to have a baby but what percentage of future moms actually add up some of those items and see the total cost?

While we are still ready for a little bean and can afford it, I am sure I can make it a TON easier by starting to put extra money away. Even if we have a savings account, that's great and all but it can be wiped out in a blind of an eye if we have an emergency repair on our car, or a large vet bill, or something else. So, I have decided I will put most of the money I make into a new, and completely separate account....the BABY FUND! Although I only work part time at a home decor store, $250-300 a paycheck that I can set aside will add up quickly. And who knows, we might not conceive for a few months or more...by then that lil pile will be a grand by then which will surely help buying things and us being less stressed. I am sure people are generous with baby gifts but parents and those close to us can only buy us so much...and the biggest items are expensive and add up faster than I can say 'Money'.

Goal for Monday-Go to the bank and open an additional savings account for our future BEAN! :) I have never, ever been good at saving money BUT at the rate that I am going about wanting this lil bean, soo so BADLY....I have no problems whatsoever about putting my money aside for her/him. Besides, it's so much more rewarding knowing the money will go towards something for the baby rather than eating out or buying something useless I claim I "need"..... :)

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo