Community post

Journal

8DPO

Woke up this morning with cramps and that yucky feeling I get before and on my period (like I have to go #2)..sorry tmi! And then last night, after we had sex I had cramps right away...and lower backpain while trying to sleep. Couldn't get comfortable for a while.

Took an OPK last night just for shits and giggles and what do you know! The line was a medium dark compared to the test line. WTF? I could have sworn I ovulated on 21-22...yesterday was my CD 20. I guess it's possible for someone to ovulate this late in the cycle but I think in my case it's unlikely and here's why....I tested 15-20 with faint lines, gradually getting darker to a medium darkness line. Missed testing OPK on 21-22 and once we got back from our trip I tested in the evening on July 23...the line was as faint as it can get. If you could call it a line anyways. So, with the line getting darker 15-20 and then almost disappearing on the 23 after I didn't test all weekend, one has the right to assume that I ovulated correct? Well that's what I thought, so I based my dpo days off ovulating on the 22nd. This is just confusing to me. Why else would the line come back this late in the cycle? I've been having some mild pg symptoms already. Then, as I kind of freaked out and was super confused I turned to the internet in hopes to find some answers and came across a very informative article (a BIG thank you to whoever wrote it) that compared testing OPK with HPT. In it I discovered that OPKs can show pregnancy results earlier than HPTs since they unlike HPTs detect LH and HCG. Hmmmmm.......interesting. Although it is not recommended to base your pregnancy results on what you get from an OPK test, however it has been proven to be right just about every time someone got pregnant. Could this be my biggest sign so far? Am I near getting my +?????? There's just no other possible answer for the line making such a strong comeback since I don't take meds that could interfere with the result so thats out of the question. Eeeeeek! Originally I was going to wait to start testing until this friday when I was 12 dpo BUT now I really want to test this wednesday Aug 1, since it will be exactly a week since I tested with HPT and got -......I will be only 10 dpo but I guess it's still possible! I've seen quite a few HPTs come back positive this early. Fingers crossed!!! :D

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo