Community post

Discussion

Father's day testing! 3rd round of Clomid! Day 1 5/17

Hi, my day one was yesterday 5/18. This will be my 3rd and final round of clomid 50mg day 3-7. Clomid has made me nuts! I am going to stick with it but here is a few side effects I have had: hot flashes, weight gain, bad dreams, late periods. The one thing I did not do the last few test is OPK. I will do this month. Is anyone else close to my date? I would love a cycle buddy and know when you start ovulation testing? We have been TTC 14 cycles. Clomid has made my normal 28 day cycles longer. They are now 32 days. Looking forward to hearing your story and all of us Clomid users a BFP this cycle! We get to test on father's day! I was hoping for my BFP on mother's day last cycle and cried my eyes out when it was BFN!

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hello Gspence46,
I'm in the same boat, expected this will be my second round on clomid. Had the same side effect, hot flash, longer period from 26 to 30. I took mine at night around 10 PM days 3-7 but had really bad cramps around CD 16 along with sore bb stariting CD 13 up to few days before my period showed up. I was expecting a BFP around my b day with was on May 10th but tested later on on the 14th and got a BFN and didn't till AF. Today May 18 is my CD 1 and will be taking cloclo 3-7 and hoping for BFP this time if not i wan't take it anymore. Good luck to us and let make those babies.

11 years ago

Hi, bemo1234

I'm on cycle day 3 going to start the Clomid tonight. The only thing I will/can do different is the OPK. I hate that the clomid makes AF different. Good luck to you and maybe we will get BFP this time! I'm only one day ahead of you we should stay in touch and talk each other out of testing too early. I always start too early and it makes me so sad!

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi Gspense46,
I'm guilty of the early testing as well but i got better on it, specially this last cycle of clomid i did suprsised my self how i didn't test earlier. But i know about the sadness and the tears after seing that single line. I do pray a lot and ask God to give me the strenght to be patient and to wait on him. I'll be starting my second round tonight, and i was wondering are you taking some thing else with clomid for CM? As clomid dry you up, i hear about pre-seed and Robitussin. Since this is my last round on clomid i want to maximize my chance to get pregnant.

11 years ago

Hi, Surprise that was one of the side effects I didn't have. The ovulation kit I purchased (clear blue digital). Has a sample of pre seed in it so will give it a try. Second dose for me tonight let's hope that 3rd round clomid works!

11 years ago • Post starter

Yes, Let hope that this round will be the one. Baby dust to us.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo