Community post

Question

Is it possible to ovulate more then once?

I have an average 26 day cycle. I have had positive OPK's on..cycle day 11, 13 and today 17. Is it possible Im pregnant and that's the reason its a positive? Or am I ovulating again? This is so weird. I tried to do temp in and all that and it did NOT work for me so now Im using first response OPK's. Any input??

5 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

A positive ovulation test does not confirm ovulation... it reads the LH surge that comes before ovulation. The only way to confirm ovulation actually occurred is bbt or u/s... it is possible to have multiple LH surges per cycle. It means your body geared up to O but you didn't actually O. Do you track anything else (ie: temps, CM)?

8 years ago

Yep used to. It wasnt accurate for me whatsoever. I tracked it for 4 months. It would only show me basically when my period was about to begin with my temp drop. It was dead accurate there! I do not ovulated every cycle. As far as OPK's go. Those have been accurate. Then there is this month where its madness. Lol. I know I had to ovulated (cervix and cm check) everything was exact.. the cramping .. like tou know after tracking for over a year. BUT today I decided to take one for fun and the test line is super super dark compared to the control. Which according to first responses instructions.. is a positive. My other 2 positives were matching super super dark lines. Just weird. My period is next Sunday and its been 4 days since the last time I tested.

8 years ago • Post starter

BBT is the only way to pinpoint ovulation. You can have positive OPK's and not ovulate so without an u/s or seeing that temp dip follow by 3 consecutive days of temps above coverline, there's no way to tell.

8 years ago

http://www.parenting.com/article/basal-body-temperature-key-determining-ovulation
This is an article about BBT charting and the myth of its accuracy. Actually there are a few. I monitored mine for quite awhile.. never pinpointed my ovulation and basically just showed me when my period is coming.
BUT BUT BUT.... BBT charting has zero to do with my question. I want to know ifb its possible to ovulated twice in a cycle? What I read about it keeps going back and forth. So I cant figure it out and am looking for personal insight if you have ovulated twice OR If you took an OPK'S a week from expected period, and it showed up positive.. what is that supposed to mean?? Thanks ladies.

8 years ago • Post starter

Unless u have a severe hormone imbalance, u won't O twice within the same cycle. U can drop more than one egg, but it's within 24hrs. Once progesterone is introduced to the body, all further egg development and release is stopped. This would be why women who require progesterone supplementation are closely monitored to confirm O before dosing.
Ur body can have multiple LH surges in one cycle. U can O with the first one and go on to have 2 or 3 more. I tend to have one in the middle of my luteal phase and again 1-2 days before af arrives, every cycle. Women who seem to think their opk picked up a pregnancy before their hpt, have pretty much had the same mid-LP surge that a non-preg woman would/could have.
Ur surge is normal!
Good luck! =))

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo