Community post

Question

Ovulation tests...is my surge going up and down, up and down? I am obsessing.

My cycle is usually 30-34 days. So on CD 13, I decided to start with Clearblue advanced digital, and it showed the O (which means no ovulation, yet). Then the next morning (CD 14) I used it again and it showed the flashy smiley face, and so I thought that I should reach peak ovulation within the next 48 hrs. CD 16 and it is still flashy smiley face. So, I test with First Response on CD 17 later afternoon and it did not indicate I was ovulating. CD 18 I test every 4 hours, like an obsessive person, and it shows lines close to the same color as the reference line but not quite as dark, or sometimes much lighter than the reference line. CD 19 I have tested 3 times: 8am it was close to the same color, 12:30pm is was darker then the reference line (finally) and then 4:30pm and 9:30pm the lines are lighter, showing no ovulation. Can someone give me advice as to why this occurs, or did I not really ovulate? Or did I ovulate for like 3 hrs?? At least hubby and I DTD a few times over past week.

2 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi, I have used the clear blue digital kit for the past 3 months. The first month I got 1 day of infertile and 9 days of flashing smiley or high fertility. For some reason I did not get a peak. The next month I got 5 days of low fertility, then 2 days of high fertility or flashing smiley and then 2 days of peak fertility. This month I got 1 day of low fertility, one day of high fertility and two days of peak fertility. So I guess it does vary a lot from cycle to cycle. You might have missed the surge or had a cycle in which you did not ovulate. Though I think you probably ovulated on cd19. If you had continued testing with the clear blue test using the first morning urine you might have got the peak fertility symbol. Anyway as long as you did the baby dance it's fine, don't stress! Good luck and baby dust to you!

9 years ago

By the way my cycle has been varying between 30-37 days and I have ovulated on cd19 last month. So it's perfectly within the range! Though this month I ovulated on cd14. Looks like a shorter cycle for me this time!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo