Community post

Discussion

First Time TTC, 12 DPO, 5 BFNs

I don't have a specific question in mind, but I am new to this TTC stuff and I don't think I passed my first exam.

DH and I BD'd 3 days before and on the O day (21st). We used pre-seed, OPK, been taking prenatal vitamins for few months, DH has also been taking multivitamins and zinc supplements, and we've cut back on caffeine and alcohol.

I tested negative with FRER on 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 DPO (I know, crazy). No symptoms stand out unfortunately, besides the typical pre-pms symptoms. My birthday is tomorrow and I so badly wanted to have a positive for my bday gift--but after 5 bold BFNs with no hint of even a faint positive, I am feeling like there's no chance at this point?

Good luck to everyone out there! I'm always lookin for a cycle buddy too.

11 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

There is a chance. You are testing early. Try and wait until at least a day before your expected AF. You also don't need symptoms to be pregnant. Good luck!

User Image

11 years ago

Hello!

I think you're probably testing too early - it is best to wait until the first day you expect your period... it is possible that you are pregnant but just need to wait a bit to test.

Baby dust to you!

5/25/2011 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks ladies! I will test again this wknd, we'll see what happens. I really hope for a BFP! But I guess there's always next month. And the next...

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi there im new to ttc as well perhaps we could be cycle buddies. Im currently in the same boat as you 12 dpo and im being hopefull its to early. Really really hoping for a tomorrow and will continue to POAS untill AF comes. If no luck this month will start trying to use OPK and see how that goes

good luck to all for

and to all

11 years ago

Hello,

I also very new to this and am having the same problem. I think the worst part of it is that POAS is making me depressed (to say the least). All I can say is to keep trying....hopefully HCG is just too low to pick up right now. GOOD LUCK!!

11 years ago

Thanks ladies! I actually took another test today (hoping for my bday gift) and it was a BFN. Womp womp.

I am 13 DPO now, and I know it's technically early but I feel like I am giving up hope that this will be my month, because I feel like being at 13 dpo using the 6day FRER with FMU that I'd at LEAST see a very faint line.

I will test tomorrow again, which is when AF is due. Or maybe I will test on Sunday cause I'd hate to test and then AF rear it's fugly head as I POAS.

Good luck to you all!! I will keep you updated.

Similar thing happened to me last month and AF showed up 2 days late. BUT from what I have been reading, you still have a chance. Lots of women get BFNs and then BFPs several days after their period is late.

Good luck!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago

Hi guys
13 dpo
getting a little dishartened now but will continue to POAS untill AF shows. the is due sunday/monday. fingers crossed we just have slow to rise hormones and will get our soon

11 years ago

Well i got tracked down by so thats me out. this cycle im going to start using OPK which is quite exciting.

how is everyone else ??? any out there ?

11 years ago

Got my BFN everyone...and AF showed up on my bday last Friday right after I POAS, boo!

So now I am on CD 4. Please feel free to msg me any time though, I'm always open to cycle buddies!! :)

Best wishes to you all! xo

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo