Community post

Question

Late but bfn

Af was due yesterday and never came. So I'm now 1 day late. I took an hpt and got a negative. What the heck is going on? Af is ALWAYS on time. I'm asking again because I forgot to add something. I got a positive opk on 6-3. It was positive for 3 days. I kept testing to see how long it would stay positive

We all need a baby dust fairy to sprinkle it around. A sprinkle here. A sprinkle there. SPRINKLES EVERYWHERE. *****BABY DUST*****

2 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I had this happen with BFP ovulation tests for 4 days in a row this month. I called the doc about it and he said likely it was due to the LH surging, but for some reason I didn't ovulate..So my LH surged again trying to ovulate...He told me to figure ovulation happening up to 2 days after the last positive ovulation test...AND to expect my cycle to be delayed a bit..because if you ovulate late, your cycle will also be late as most women have a pretty steady Luteal Phase (the time from ovulation until AF begins).

9 years ago

OPK do not confirm ovulation, just that you attempted to ovulate. If your period is late, but you're not pregnant, then the most likely scenario is that you ovulated later than you thought. That will cause your period to be "late."

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo