Community post

Question

AF one day late

So confused I'm one day late with no period insight my boobs are killing me went to the drs yesterday for an ultrasound for my ovaries Dr said they were fine and that my period was coming supposedly she can see it on the ultra sound is that even possible and yet I'm almost 2 days late

5 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I can 't verify whether you can see AF coming via ultrasound, but I have experienced being late before - 5 days -with negative tests. I believe that stress, medications, etc. can delay your period. I was on an antidepressant over the winter for a couple of months and I think this caused the problem. I am off this medication now and everything is back to normal. Best wishes.

10 years ago

Well I'm not on any meds so I don't think that's the issue I've been stressed out but that's never stopped my flow I'm gonna hold off till Tuesday see if it comes if not test again and call my Dr I'm 15 dpo today

10 years ago • Post starter

I'm sure they can. Who knows, maybe our ovaries look different when we're about to start AF. I'm sure there is a way to tell through ultrasound. But I do know that if you were pregnant, they would have seen it on ultrasound. There's probably only a 1% chance that they couldnt have seen it for some reason. So, I'm sorry tot ell you you aren't prego :( they would have notified you if you were. SORRY :( and like Phillips said, stress, meds, a lot of different things can make your period late. GOOD LUCK!!

10 years ago

They were actually just look at the ovaries they saw this spot with fluid stating that was my af so my concern now is why am I late more then being prego Idk

10 years ago • Post starter

Well, our bodies are not machines.....for example the day of ovulation can vary from cycle to cycle. Every cycle is its own entity. And that combined with outside factors will make your cycles fluctuate here and there. If you continue to be late and it causes you to be worried, go and see your dr to have your hormone levels checked. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo