Community post

Question

Is it possible to Ovulate twice in an cycle?

I tested on Nov 27, positive. I tested on Dec 7th and the like was way darker then the test line. Is it possible to have two positive Ovulation test in one month? I had spotting a few days after my Nov 27th test which I never have. Today matalic taste in mouth. Last period was Nov 17th, for what I know at this point I'm due for next period on Dec 15. I've never been off schedule this is the 1st time its been way off. 29 days in cycle. 4 day length. 15th day ovulation!

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

U can have multiple ovulation tests be positive in one cycle. A couple things can be happening. U may not have O'd with the first positive and are now surging and attempting to O (O is not a guaranty with a positive test), or u did O with that test and this is just a normal mid-luteal phase surge. I usually get a positive opk about 6-8dpo then another a day or two before AF arrives. Both very common and very normal.
As for ovulating twice in one cycle, no, u cannot. Once progesterone is released, it stops further egg development and release (hence not taking progesterone supps until AFTER O). U can, however, release more than one egg in one cycle, but it will be within 24hrs of each other, not days or weeks apart.
And becuz I know someone will suggest it, no, an opk will not tell u u are pregnant before a hpt will, so dont take this as a "sign" becuz its not reliable whatsoever.
Hope this helps. Good luck! =))

10 years ago

Are you using the cheap opks or the expensive clear blue. Last month I got 2 positives with the cheap packs and never got 1 with the clearblue advanced. I went to the dr office the same day I got a fake positive from the cheap opk. Ultrasound showed not even close to ovulation. I stopped buying the cheap opk. I used only clearblue this month got lh surge 24 hours after shot. Its up to u because they are expensive but that's all im using from now on:)

10 years ago

Thank you both for your input! as of now I have been using the same strips for 7 months. they have all been on track with my period and O. However this past month for some reason my cycle went longer then normal and I had spotting for two days. Which I also never ever do. So not sure as to what may or may not be going on. Fingers & toes crossed!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo