Community post

Question

If you have your period over night... which day is cd 1?

If you have your period over night, do you count the next day as cycle day 1 or the previous day?

Poll:
Next day (11 votes)
Previous day (0 votes)

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

well when you say over night depends what time you mean, if you started bleeding (red Blood) say monday 5pm then thats the star, if it was 8 hours later at 1am then it would be Tuesday. if that makes sense

11 years ago

If u wake up to a period then cd1 is the day u woke up. U cant pinpoint when it started unless u woke up at 11:59pm and it was there, in which case, cd1 would be that current day before the calendar date change.

11 years ago

My doctor counts day 1 as full flow before 5:00pm. So when you wake up, it's CD1.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

I don't get that. Why does your period have to start before 5pm?? Mine usually comes around early evening most times. I count that as CD1. Surely as long as it's full flow which mine always is then shouldnt it be classed as day one of your cycle?! Just curious!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo