Community post

Question

CD 22 progesterone test results 2.0 ???

Hello ladies!

Im currently about cycle day 24/25

My cycles can range from 32-35 days and the longest being 40

My dr sent me for a day 22 progesterone blood test, and the results came back 2.0 which Im not sure if thats good or not.
I think its negative for Ovulation. So my questions is....because 2.0 is just on the boarder for ovulation...is there a chance I was just ovulating later this cycle? Ive had other positive ovulation blood tests done at CD 26. I hope that it was just done too soon, other wise it could mean that im not ovulating.

Its been 11 months ttc #2

I really hope this is my month! I hope it was just to early to test..

What were your progesterone test levels?

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Progesterone levels vary considerably from cycle to cycle and woman to woman, both non-pregnant and pregnant. So the levels can only be averages and they change with the timing of the cycle. In general, the midluteal (middle of the second half of the cycle) progesterone in a non-pregnant patient is 8 to 10, but can be as high as 20 ng/ml. In a pregnancy cycle, it should be greater than 10 to 12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome, but in general, we like to see 16 or over.

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/what-are-normal-progesterone-levels/6-n-145464#ixzz1qWa6WZng
Sign up for iVillage Special Offers ****** also I had my P4(progesterone abbreviation) tested at cd 19(out of 25) and came back at 12 in January,my follow up with dr said that that was on border line of low

12 years ago

Progesterone checks are supposed to be done 7 days after oulation which isn't CD 22 for everyone. If you have a 35 day cycle you probaly O'd right around CD21 that's why the result is so low. I'm having progesterone bloodwork done today but I'm on cd31. My doc gave me the paperwork for the blood work and said to go 1 week after ovulation. I chart BBT so I could confirm that I ovulated so the blood will be taken at the correct time. Hope this helps!!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo