Community post

Question

Why do tampons make me ill?

Hi, I'm 25, I've used tampons pretty
Much since I started puberty aged approx 12. They are more comfortable, discreet and I feel more confident and I've never had problems until now! The last few cycles whenever I have a tampon in even if for no more than 10 mins I get hot flashes, tired, can't sleep, sick and I'm in pain, when I take it out to change, the pain disappears. I took it out at bedtime and put a towel on and fell asleep no problems. I miss my tampons though, I'm paranoid pads can be seen and smelt and they make me sore and itchy, tbh I don't fancy using a soft cup for af as the thought of it not absorbing makes me quesy. Is this ok or should I see a dr? Xxx ty xxx

User Image

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

You should never wear a tampon for more than 8 hours anyways.
Always change them very frequently.
Sounds like you are prone to toxic shock syndrome - which can be deadly.

12 years ago

yes it could be tss,or ur body ("shape" down below ) may have changed and when u r inserting the tampons its causing cramps,and hurt etc...maybe try ob tampons...ive used softcups for both ttg and af and I would say dont trust the fully when af is gushing but u could use a softcup and a pad in case(not wet,no smell),otherwise softcups are good,but if its pressure causing problems they may not work either :) gl hun

12 years ago

Thank you, I've never worn a tampon for more than a couple of hours even at night do I don't think it's that causing it. I've slept for 14 hours tonight with a pad on but normally I wouldn't sleep any longer than a couple of hours. I think I'll see how it goes. Thank you x

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I agree! I tried SoftCups last cycle and since It's not as heavy on day 2, that's usually the day that I start using it. Good luck!

Q <3

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo