Community post

Question

Opk as hpt?

Has anyone had real results with opks as hpts? When did you start testing with the opks? Did the line just get gradually darker each dpo? I had what im considering a positive opk, and if im correct, im currently 5dpo (super early I know). But, the opk line went from super dark, tapered off, and then nonexistent. Im not as familiar with using opks, so I dont know what is considered normal for opks during the tww. (i have been taking opks everyday because im coming off an extremely irregular cycle and had to take provera to jump start my period again. Thanks girls! Baby dust!

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I wouldn't consider it anything more than positive ovulation. I usually get positive O tests for 5-6 days after ovulation just because my hormone levels stay high for a little while. I have heard people say that they have gotten it that way, but if you call the companys information line, they will tell you that they are only made to detect ovulation, just like pregnancy tests are only for detecting pregnancy. Go to the dollar store and buy some pregnancy tests, but keep in mind that you aren't likely to get a positive at just 5dpo. Good luck.

12 years ago

I would consider it continued lh/ovulation, but after the positive, I kept testing and got a couple tests with no line at all, so I know it was def post ovulation. I have hpts, but I dont want to waste them just yet! Im just being a typical poas addict!

12 years ago • Post starter

This theory worked for me!! I was 10dpo and decided to pee on my last OPK just for the heck of it...it was super super dark, way darker than my positive was. Went straight to the dollar store and got a test, came home and it showed a slight positive. Went right back out the door to Walmart and got a digital, and sure enough it read "PREGNANT" on it <3

<3!~Good luck, baby dust, and sticky glue to all~!<3

12 years ago

Thanks for your answer!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo