Community post

Question

I've decided "not to try" this month...to bummed out, with constant negatives..

I've had enough cycles where if Ive missed my period, I "think I could be pregnant" and then low and behold, AF shows up with vengeance.
Im sick of tracking "very positive" pregnancy symptoms, only to mistake them for PMS.
It sucks being POSA cus all I do on a monthly basis, is wait good hard earned money.....just for the stupid tests to tell me "not pregnant"
I think the anxiety of it all, and the anticipation of "what if" is causing my body to react against getting pregnant.
I have a beautiful 2.5 year old little girl already, and she was a "surprise"!!!! I need to do a little biit of unnecessary drinking this month, and loosen up a bit! Lol..
c'mon ladies, have a drink with me and maybe this just "might be our month"
For now...Im gont posting, commenting, testing, or tracking. This month, "Im out"

Good luck ladies!

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I feel the exact same way!! My husband and I have been trying for 9 months and there has been at least 5 of those months I had a late period, what I thought was pregnancy symptoms, even take a test, then wake up the next morning and AF arrives!! My husband and I don't have any children yet and we have been together over 12 years. We have been together since I was in the 8th grade and we wanted to wait until we were ready because my husband is in the military and we have been through 3 deployments, and now it just isn't happening. I never thought we would have this problem, and everyone tells me not to stress out, but how can I not stress over this? I went to the doctor had blood work done, everything checked out normal and healthy so I am hoping this is the month! AF is supposed to arrive the day after my birthday next Thursday, and I wouldn't really like this as a birthday present!!! Good luck to everyone else out there!!

....Brandi

12 years ago

What is totally funny is a know of more than a few of my friends that conceived once they stopped "trying." ;) I will hope this for both you ladies. :D good luck and its def. good to take a break every once in a while and start having fun again. Good luck ladies!

User Image

12 years ago

Glad to know I'm not alone! I posted something similar on another site and everyone was SUPER positive. Telling me maybe I wasn't ovulating yet, etc, etc. NO! I'm just tired of the disappointment! I was 12 days late last month. Had every symptom. Even went to the doc for a blood test and ultrasound. Wasted money and time all for AF to start. I was thinking about names already. DH and I were talking about the possibility of moving into a bigger home.
I have 2 boys and am starting to think that's enough. If nothing happens in 6 months, I might just be done. All the anticipation is killing me. It's as if I live a month at a time. And then the two week wait is terrible.

Proud Mom of 2 boys, ages 4 and 8. TTC a GIRL! Fingers crossed!! User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo