Community post

Question

Has anyone been pregnant & got a faint BFP on a FRER & then a "NO-" on FRER's digi

Help! I'm 9 dpo today, and this morning I tested with a First Response, pink dye test and got a very faint BFP. The line was visible within the time frame. Immediately after, I took the digital FRER and got a BFN. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and was actually pregnant? Are the FRER dye tests more sensitive than there digital FRERs? I know it's still early. This TWW is brutal!

MOM OF 2: 9/25/13 8/28/16 TTC baby #3

5 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Usually frer dye test detects 25 miu depending on brand and digital tests don't detect until 50 miu is present. These are just the norms I've seen during research but I recommend you search the box for the detection amount or look them up online. Best of luck for a sticky bean! :)

8 years ago

the digital tests are far less sensitive - pink dye frer picks up at 10 or 25 miu, and the digital at 50 miu, so it takes at least 2 days for the digital to "see" it
i'd say frer is a reliable test so if you see the line it is there, congratulations!
if i were you i'd take another frer tomorrow :) just to be sure
baby dust

8 years ago

Digitals are generally less sensitive. My personal experience with FRER since
they changed the design to the curved handle has been very bad. Literally one day there is a
faint PINK line, the next day negative, and then faint line again. My blood test was
less than zero. I have read lots of reviews with people having the same problem

8 years ago

Thanks for the advice, ladies! This is one of the "old", flat FRERs (not the curved version). I'm truly hoping for a true BFP. I'll test again in the morning. Baby dust to all!

MOM OF 2: 9/25/13 8/28/16 TTC baby #3

8 years ago • Post starter

FRER can pick up as low at 6 hCG - I know from experience while waiting for my levels to drop after my ectopic. I was still getting very faint lines. In my experience they are the most sensitive and best on the market. Good luck! xx

User image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo