Community post

Question

Do evap lines fade?

I took an EPT (I know, blue dye tests are evil) and it came up with a faint positive. I'm a couple days before my expected period. I've been having a LOT of symptoms. I was panicking that maybe it was just an evaporation line and somehow just got blue dye leaked in or something because I was late checking it. However, I've read that blue dye in evap lines fades after a few hours, and this has lasted 48 hrs (the minimum that a positive lasts). I know I'm going to get the "The only way to know for sure is it take another test" responses, but I'd like advice before my expected period, and my husband has asked me not to take another test, for fear a negative would work me up unnecessarily. So, any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

If the blue line was thick (same thickness as control line) then it is probably positive. How long did you wait before checking? I would try a First Response Early Result, it should show by now if you are pregnant and they do not get evaps. Good luck Hon

12 years ago

It was the same thickness and color, and hasn't faded in the past 2 days. With all my symptoms plus that, I'm pretty sure it's a positive. I was almost 2 months last time I was pregnant before it showed up on a First Response test. I haven't had any evap lines on anything, and none of the pictures I've seen of any look like my test. So, :)

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo