Community post

Question

Does sporadic BBT's mean low progesterone levels?

This is is my first month charting my BBT. My BBT has been sporadic since 4 days after ovulation. I ovulated, my temp was 97.3 for 3 days afterwards and since then it's been up and down like crazy. On day 7 DPO I got a BFP, but then the line was more faint on 10 DPO and barely noticeable on 14 DPO. Obviously my HCG went down and I expect to miscarry in the next week. Do you think this is due to low progesterone levels?

Prior to this cycle starting, I hadnt bled in 4 months and the OBGYN put me on 10 mg progesterone pills for 10 days. I bled 5 days afterwards for about 6 days. I have an appointment with the OBGYN monday and am going to ask to have my progesterone levels tested.

4 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

My temperatures do the same, there is no pattern. Let me know what your doctor says!

13 years ago

My temps also do the same. I have got my blood work done on 8dpo to check my progesterone waiting on the results now. My doctors said this would make sure if I am ovulating.
This month it has been fairly constant with 98.0 at 10dpo today yesterday it was 97.5. After ovulation it stay up except a dip on 9dpo.

13 years ago

I am not sure if the lighter line means lesser pregnant i think you need to get your blood work done and talk to your doctor ASAP so that he might be able to put you on progesterone supplements to save your baby. Good luck!

13 years ago

I don't think the fainter the line - means anything. If there is a line that shows up within the testing time limit - you are pregnant! :) The faint line might have something to do with how concentrated your urine is when taking the test. That's why most tests say to use first moring urine because it is more concentrated.
Have you had your thyroid checked? I have a hyper-thyroid and there are times when my temps are very erratic as well - very up and down. My last cycle - my temps were all over the place - it was hard to even read when I ovulated.
I defeintely agree with ttcgal and call your md.
Good luck and keep us posted!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo