Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 for us ladies longing to be a Mom

View Full Post

I wanted to make this for all the ladies out there TTC their first little one.
Let us come together and share in each others heartache and joy.

I feel so alone in my community because everyone I know has kids.

A little info about me.

Been TTC #1 again for 4.5 months. Started tracking this cycle.
Been not trying for 18 years but havent prevented either.
Was on this site in 2011 TTC #1 with my ex but our relationship ended in 2012.
Started TTC again in 2014 with my new bf but in 2017 after no success. I found out he cheated on me and got the girl pregnant.
January 2018 surgery to remove a fibroid that was like a natural IUD as the doc said.
Me the love of my life June 23rd and we basically have been trying ever since.
I'm two weeks away from 35 years old and he turned 38 in July. He does not have any kids and we both really want some.

user submitted image

User image

162 Replies • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

31 - 40 of 162 Replies | Last Page

@Shay, hoping your strong bfp comes in the am.

@ ts. Totally feeling like this might be my cycle. Lots of strange things happening that I normally dont experience but trying to be cautious. Having CM that I normally dont get, back aches, nauseous espiodes, fatigue, weird feelings in my lower belly. But I'm trying to not put to much thought in it.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

@Shay did you retest? Fingers crossed for your

5 years ago

I did and it was a stark negative this morning. I have no clue what is going on. I am on cycle day 44 now with no sign of AF.

User image

5 years ago

@Shay do you temp? It's not over till the witch arrives.

I am not sure what to think myself. I'm tempting for the first time since my last TTC journey and my nervous are driving me crazy. I tested yesterday evening but not sure of my hold of pee was long enough plus I was only 8dpo. Temp this morning dropped again so I didnt test. I guess if my temp rises I will test again. Got cheap Dollar Tree test.

User image

I have not tried temping yet but I will be. I plan on getting OPKs and temping once AF shows. I may start before too since I am now on CD 45.....it is very hard to stay positive when I don’t even have a clue as to what my body is doing. I am so discouraged.

My sister was late as well over the weekend so we both took tests. She of course was so excited we both got negatives. She already has a little one who is only a year and doesn’t want a second one yet. She didn’t even think about the fact that I might want to be pregnant. It was so heartbreaking that I drove to work crying the next day. I either want to see a positive or have AF show up so I can try again and figure out what is going on with my body.

User image

5 years ago

@Shay, I'm sorry to hear about your heartache. I remember when after a year of TTC woth me ex and leaving him in March of 2011 the day I returned home, my sis younger than me come over to my big sis' house and took a pregnancy test, she was pregnant and I cried for weeks because not only did I never get pregnant with my ex in 1 year of trying but I leave my ex and my life fell apart and that was my sisters 3rd pregnancy.

Btw, have you looked into Vitex to regulate your cycles? I am on that this cycle. Look into.

User image

@Shay I feel your pain! I am on CD 62 and its driving me nuts that I can't track or even project a decent O date since my body is basically doing whatever it wants. Anybody had any luck with Fertility drugs? M husband and I have been trying since June but AF is so unpredictable, TTC seems much more daunting.

5 years ago

@Shay I totally understand feeling discouraged. Since I stopped BC each cycle has been completely different. When I went to the doctor in Oct she did a bunch of blood tests to check hormones and everything was normal except my progesterone which suggested I didn’t even ovulate. Which made me feel even more discouraged. I’m so afraid that I’m going to continue to not ovulate. It terrifies me. I think trying OPKs and temping will be my next step as well.

We can do this ladies. We can’t give up or lose hope.

5 years ago • Edited

Look into vitex ladies. It's natural and cheaper than fertility drugs. I'm using conception by eunatural this cycle. It's a prenatal with the vitex in. Look it up. Its ddefinatley did something different for me this cycle.

User image

Hey ladies,
Thanks for all sharing your stories - it does help to know that we are not alone.
I am turning 32 on Sunday and still trying for my first. We had our first try at the start of 2016 but ran into trouble because my SO has problems finishing in the bedroom and I believe the added pressure of ttc made it impossible for him. So we took some time off to destress and started trying again Sept 2017. SO continued to have trouble but admitted that he could climax on his own so we decided to shift to doing home insemination instead of BDing. It felt a bit weird and abnormal to start with but I am more used to it now. Some days it is preferable as it takes less time and energy than BDing. We use conceive plus lubricant to help keep his boys alive and then insert with a syringe.
By some miracle we got our bfp in May this year. I was so shocked I had to keep going back and checking the test to make sure I wasnt dreaming it. Unfortunately the pregnancy ended at 8 weeks. The ultrasounds never showed a heartbeat so looks like it was over before it began. To start with I handled the miscarriage really well. I was just so happy to know that our bodies still worked and we had been able to get pregnant once so it would happen again. We started trying again right away and are currently on our 5th month post miscarriage and no bfp. Now the emotions of the mc are coming back to haunt me as it is getting close to what would have been my due date and still no bfp. Fingers crossed for a positive before February!!

@Bugttc thanks for starting this thread - we can all be here to support each other

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo