Community post

Discussion

Our Journey Part 6 : Success, Setbacks and Hope!

View Full Post

Hey girls!

Here's the continuation of our thread. It's got a new title to include us all. Some of us have had success-and we want to hear all about the new journey. Some of us have had setbacks-but still need support as they navigate what happens next. And some of us are still walking the path of TTC with clomid.

Good Luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

333 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 333 Replies | Last Page

Thanx Lisser I will def look into it. We wanted to do the IUI but was advised against it like i said. I will persue it again xx

12 years ago

Hi Girls,

I have been reading every day but have not written lately - sorry!

Lisser! I am so thrilled for you with your numbers. That is great news. When do you have your first appointment?

Shea - don't be so silly!!! We love/need you on here. If you leave because you aren't trying, what does that say about all us preggo ppl still hanging around? I think we all need each other in some way and I value you, and everyone on here very much!!!

Victoria - I am SO sorry to hear about the GD. I know that everything will be ok, but it is still a worry I am sure. Please keep us updated with your appointments and let us know how everything goes.

I hoe everyone else is doing fine - I will write more later when I am not at work. SORRY!!!!

AFM - I am 30 weeks now. Had a check up yesterday. Everything looked good. I had not gained weight in the last 3 weeks but the Dr wasn't worried because I have been moving and been very busy (plus I gained 8 pounds in the 6 weeks before). Hubby and I are all moved into our new place which is right above my office and will be perfect when I start to get more tired and when the baby comes.

User Image

12 years ago

Lis! Yay that is wonderful! I'm still pulling for twins with you!

Marg oh no I would never leave this site! I love you guys too much! Y'all must have misunderstood me I was just kinda giving an explanation of why I don't respond as much as I use to. I just don't want to bore you guys! And holy cow it does NOT seem like you should be 30 weeks yet! Not too much longer now! I'm so excited. Have you started nesting yet?

Afm- I aced my med test and passed my algebra test. I have a horrible teacher in algebra so I have to reteach myself everything he goes over (such a headache).
I would like some of yalls input... I've been thinking about going back on my anti depressants or some type of anxiety medicine. I've been having severe panic attacks lately and have just been nervous in general. It's like I get a "bad feeling" an then my Stomache draws up in knots and most of the time I throw up and cry. A lot of times I get shaky or jerky and feel really weak like I'm going to pass out or something! I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't sleep sometimes (75-80% of the time) at night (unless I take Tylenol pm or melatonin) because I get a feeling of "doom". It's pathetic. and I just don't know if it has gotten to the point where I need to seek profession or prescription help yet. Frankly I'm extremely nevous and scared about going on medication. What are yalls thoughts/oppinions on this?

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Marg, I think my numbers indicate only one, but I'm going to see my Dr. today and I'll ask for an early ultrasound for sure! :)

Shea, I would talk to a professional about the way you feel. I can imagine given your family history that you are very leery about meds. You are having a very hard time functioning though, and that's not something you should need to feel. I hope you can find something that helps.

*hugs*

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago • Post starter

Marg - Thanks so much. It is tough but I think I can start to feel better once I get my glucose monitor and get used to stabbing myself 4 times a day. Its only for 9.5 ish more weeks though so I know I can do it! My bestie has type 1 diabetes and was pregnant last year. It was WAAYYY harder for her to manage that during her pregnancy as she had to test a million times a day, watch her diet, and use insulin for her entire pregnancy. She has been a great source of knowledge and support.

Melissa - I knew you would get good numbers! Just be aware that you may not see anything on a ultrasound at this point. You are soooo early. Maybe a gestational sack though which would be great comfort that baby is nestled in the right place. Keep us posted!

Shea - This pregnancy has been so difficult for several reasons; one of which is that I am off my anti-depressants. I went off of them the first 6 months ttc as well and when we realized it wasn't happening right away, I went back on. We conceived the very next month (although I miscarried) and then conceived Annabelle about 9 months after that. I kind of think that if you are prone to depression and/or anxiety that it can be wise to stay on meds while ttc otherwise your body may not become pregnant because it is too stressed. However it is a personal choice and totally depends on the med. I use prozac and although my doc even said I could take it during pregnancy, I just didn't feel comfortable with the so I went off when we found out we were expecting and will be taking a bottle with me to the hospital for after I deliver! Hope this helps! BTW - you are more mature than many of my friends who are 10-15 years older than you. You are NOT a "little kid" and I love hearing from you even if you don't think your life is relevant. It is!

AFM - I have already modified my diet since my background is health education and I already know a bit about diabetes. I have cut ALL refined sugars, and white carbs. The carbs I am eating (brown rice, whole gains) I make sure to pair with protein and I only eat small portions at a time. I have lost a pound this past week but I'm not worried because I had gained so much weight already I know my doctor will be ok if I stay the same, gain slower, or even lose weight b/c of the diabetes. Feeling guilting as I went on several sugar binges in the weeks prior to finding out I had GD. I sure hope my baby comes out safely and healthy! The good news is I have NEVER been this motivated before because I love Annabelle more than anything.

12 years ago

Ok so I had a nice reply typed up last night on my phone but then I accidentally somehow highlighted everything and typed my conclusion over it...I was PO'ed!!
So let's try this again...

Shea - I am 100% behind you if you chose to see a doctor about how you are feeling. But what vitamins are you taking? My basic ones I take are Prenatals, Super B Complex, and Fish Oil with Vitamin D. The Super B helps me feel less cranky and less on edge about life in general, and the fish oil w/Vitamin D fights cholesterol AND depression (which I get seasonal depression). I did talk to my doctor about my anxiety and inability to fall asleep some nights. She gave me four medications she could prescribe that would be pregnancy 'safe' (they are class C but the other ones don't work she said). It is nice to know I have choices but her and I decided to focus on exercise and my diet. I have exercised when feeling like I have too much going on and can't concentrate on life in general. It helps me feel better during the day (endorphins!) and helps me sleep better at night (bonus!). I avoid caffiene and sugar as much as possible. And I can tell you I feel so much better. I never got to the point where I threw up and felt weak. Counseling might help as well. There are options Shea, since it is messing with your ADLs I would seek help or try changing vitamins, diet, and adding exercise for a week or two. And set up doctors appointment to talk, talking set my mind at ease, it let me know I had options. Praying for you girly!!

Lis - I am predicting one little bean with a strong healthy heartbeat for you! :-) Yay!! for the doubling beta! I can't wait to hear about early u/s!!

Marg - I am with Shea, how are you 30 weeks all ready!?!?! Holy toots has time gone fast. Glad you are your hubby are all settled into your new place. Time for nesting until the little one gets here!!!

Karen - I believe you can find an RE that will do an IUI for you, even with lower morph. You could even do injectibles with IUI. BUT that is how John and Kate ended up with Sextuplets ;-) hahaha. I would try that before IVF if I had the chance though. Your chances of twins on injectibles w/IUI is 20% and twins is 3% if I am remember the numbers my RE gave me correctly.

Victoria - let us know how the diabetes teaching and such goes. I have faith you can do this! I did have a woman at work that had GD and she had like a 5lb baby, super small and had insulin issues at birth BUT when she was diagnosed with GD she never tested her sugar at home, didn't watch what she at, she didn't do anything like a woman should for her baby. Another coworker with GD tested her sugar as often as prescribed, she had a healthy delivery, a healthy baby, and felt good the rest of her pregnancy. I have faith in you Victoria, you can do this!! You tried so hard for pregnancy, and if you can do BBT, take clomid, follow your cycle like a mad woman, you can journal your diet, and follow doctor's orders. Love ya girly!! I hope I didn't scare you with the first scenario, just wanted to tell you, I don't think you will fall into that group.

Oh and Shea, I forgot I was the one that said Hi from Ashley! I will pass on that you said hi :-) And Idk if any of you follow Rach's blog as well but she and her DH are taking a break from ttc.

AFM - started my first lab class Tuesday, first lecture was yesterday. I am getting excited for hands on stuff but nervous for all of the additional work and all the resources we have to use before class. It is INSANE!! I am writing a book here, sorry! But I also wanted to say I have no clue whatsoever when I ovulated for sure this month (or if I have yet for sure). I had EWCM CD 11 (earliest EVER for me!!) and now CD 17 having cramping near right ovary. So I will be on pins and needles waiting for AF to get here. If I O'd CD11 AF should be after a 25 day cycle. If I O like normal I should expect a 30-32 day. That is a big difference!! I haven't seen an EWCM this time so who knows...

OH and guess what...I lost 2 lbs!!!! I am down 6 so far. I now weigh 201.6 I just need to lose 2 more pounds this week and I will be under 200lbs!! SUPER excited!!

Love ya ladies, and to those I didn't individually address...sorry! Still thinking about you! :-)

Me-25 (PCOS, MTHFR, UU) DH-27 (perfect). Matthew 11/24/12 (born induced 36w5d due to low amniotic fluid) Our story: Began TTC July 2010, 6 losses: 11/14/10. Early m/c, 12/25/10 Blighted Ovum, 6/29/11 Early m/c, 11/11 early m/c, 3/8/12 Early m/c, 6/29/13 suspected ectopic. Currently breastfeeding and NTNP. hoping to lose weight And blessed with another miracle baby! Follow my blog : http://mynotesonttcandlife.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Thanks Victoria.

I probably won't have the actual ultrasound until next week. They do them at a separate center here, and I'll have to book in, which I can't do until I have the req. I more or less just want to know that everything thing is where it should be and how many everything's there are. :)

I'm also going to request a nuchal translucency scan for between 11 and 12 weeks.

It's still seems so surreal to me, after so long to be talking about being pregnant, lol!

12 years ago • Post starter

Victoria - must have been typing my book of a response the same time as you and Lis! I am glad you feel confident you can do this! :-) Good job and changing your diet, I wouldn't be surprised if you lose some more weight during these last few weeks.

Melissa - on pins and needles waiting to hear when you u/s will be.

Me-25 (PCOS, MTHFR, UU) DH-27 (perfect). Matthew 11/24/12 (born induced 36w5d due to low amniotic fluid) Our story: Began TTC July 2010, 6 losses: 11/14/10. Early m/c, 12/25/10 Blighted Ovum, 6/29/11 Early m/c, 11/11 early m/c, 3/8/12 Early m/c, 6/29/13 suspected ectopic. Currently breastfeeding and NTNP. hoping to lose weight And blessed with another miracle baby! Follow my blog : http://mynotesonttcandlife.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Jess - You are absolutely right. I went through more charting, infertility testing, checking CM, and stress than I care to admit to get my baby girl. This is nothing compared to all that! Plus, I'm confident it will help me get back in great shape and motivate me to stay healthy for the rest of my life. And congrats on the weight loss! That is such great motivation to keep going! You are amazing!

12 years ago

Thanks for all the support ladies! Y'all don't how much it means to me!

Victoria- im so sorry yoyr pregnancy has ben hard. It not fair in the least. You already had to struggle to get pregnant and it just doesnt seem right that you are having to deal with so many pregnancy complications. However, i know in my heart that its nothing you cant overcome. And in sure you probably already know this, but switching to whole grains is THE best thing you can do for diabetes (besides cutting out sugar). Changing to whole wheat/grain is the best thing I did for my pre diabetes. And thank you so much for your input on my anxiety. Oh and i just want to say You are already such a great mother to Annabelle. Being with the healthcare field, you wouldn't believe how many expectant mothers just don't give a rats ass about teir unborn baby's health.

Lis I believe you have a doctors appt today. Let us know how it goes. FX they give you an ultrasound today! Praying for you!

Jess I was taking prenatal vitamins and B vitamins. They didn't really seem to improve my mood (just made my hair grow super fast lol). Ad I exercise pretty regular too. It helps with my mood and makes me feel so much better about myself but doesn't help with anxiety. It's like I get this overwhelming fear and I just start to panic. I hVe a history of depression in my family and I did well when I was on Zoloft (for depression) but i still had pretty bad anxiety then too. I guess I am just goin to have to make a doctors appt and chat with him about options. Please tell Rachel I said hi and I miss her terribly! I think about her and ash everyday. I don't know how to follow their blogs though. O I need a blog f my own to follow them?

I have to go ill reply everyone else when I get another break. Love y'all.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo