Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 for us ladies longing to be a Mom

I wanted to make this for all the ladies out there TTC their first little one.
Let us come together and share in each others heartache and joy.

I feel so alone in my community because everyone I know has kids.

A little info about me.

Been TTC #1 again for 4.5 months. Started tracking this cycle.
Been not trying for 18 years but havent prevented either.
Was on this site in 2011 TTC #1 with my ex but our relationship ended in 2012.
Started TTC again in 2014 with my new bf but in 2017 after no success. I found out he cheated on me and got the girl pregnant.
January 2018 surgery to remove a fibroid that was like a natural IUD as the doc said.
Me the love of my life June 23rd and we basically have been trying ever since.
I'm two weeks away from 35 years old and he turned 38 in July. He does not have any kids and we both really want some.

user submitted image

User image

162 Replies • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

1 - 10 of 162 Replies | Last Page

Yeah, I am having a hard time emotionally. I am the last one in my family to have kids. Both my siblings have their families without even trying. My brother had two unplanned kids and my sister was able to get pregnant her first try. It has been hard watching them build their families when they never wanted families growing up. It has always been my dream and it is feeling like it will never happen. Seven months and my body won’t even get regular enough for me to fully track it. I was on the Mirena iud and since coming off, I have yet to get a regular cycle. It is all over the place. Definitely makes it even harder. Good luck to everyone and we will get our families started soon!!

User image

5 years ago

Just to give you all some hope...
I was TTC on this site.. recorded my efforts through posts. 8.5 yrs later... And I'm currently 37+6 days pregnant... Waiting on the birth of my first wee girl on 10th December.
I had given up hope so many times... And when it happened it was a complete shock... Especially as I wasn't very trying.
I'm 39 yrs old now and gonna be a single mum.
My ex husband decided he didn't want to pursue IVF . I had to respect that... Equally I had still to at least try myself.. we split but remain friends.
This baby is to be born from a short relationship after.. the dad wants no involvement and no more kids... We had split before I knew I was pregnant.
I have since met a man who raises his own four kids..and we are very happy.. he is happy to love another child as his own... I suddenly jump from having no kids ... To my own kid... Plus five kids in total between us.
Who says miracles don't happen?
I have my tests and scans etc under my profile.
Years and years is a long time to wait... Sometimes you have to take control of your own fate...one or two simple things in my life changed and now it's gonna change forever
Good luck to you all

5 years ago

@TS I am 5 dpo and trying not to symptom spot. My AF if it comes will be December 3rd. I'm going to try not to test before then but I may break down and test earlier if symptoms continue to be knocking at my door and my temps dont show AF coming either. I have a huge wedding to attend with an open bar on December 7th which is also my 35th. So, I definately will have an answer before that date for sure.

@Shay 3 days of nausea that's a good shy. Fingers cross she stays away.

Thanks again, Skelley.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

My doctor recommended I take something very similar to that. It’s called Pregnitude. The myoinositol ingredient is supposed to help regulate ovulation. I just started taking it, hoping it helps me too.

5 years ago

@ ts yes, I have read into that as well.

@hope thank you for sharing your story. We are close to be birthday buddies. Dec 7th is my 35th. Still hoping for a Birthday BFP. Where are you in your cycle?

You're welcome. Trust me I have been on my sites when I was TTC in 2011 but this was always my favorite, plus sometimes it's hard to listen or speak with others who have already successful had a baby. Yes, they were once in our shoes but no longer are, I like having women who are in the same stage as me to talk with encourage with. Makes it a lot easier. Sorry about your loss and I pray you get your BFP soon!!!

User image

Hi ladies I would like to join this group as I keep joining different ones every month! My husband and I have been ttc for 2 years now with no luck. Found out I had endometriosis stage 3 and had that removed 2 months ago, and everything else is fine (uterus, tubes and have a regular 27 day cycle) so we are ttc naturally and if nothing has happened by April then we will go for ivf privately. This month I am taking;
Propollis
Iodine
Magnesium, zinc and b6
Selenium
Raspberry leaf tea
Folic acid
Vitamin d3
Acupuncture

Fingers crossed to everyone!

Hoping for our little baby number 1 soon

5 years ago

Well I am so very confused. That first test is a definite positive, but I tried a digital yesterday just to get a definite negative. Blah! I know digitals aren’t as sensitive so I am trying to wait till the weekend to test again. My chest has been hurting almost nonstop except when my bra is off. Had mild cramping back and forth and just exhausted!! I am really trying to stay patient and not get too excited yet since my cycles are all over the place. If I am actually pregnant I would have had to ovulate somewhere between the 1st and 6th of January. I guess it is just a waiting game now.

@shanta welcome and we are rooting for you!! It all sounds promising for you!! Keep us updated!
@TS I am so excited for you!! It must be so exciting to actually see something on the screen!!

User image

5 years ago

EDD is Sept 6. It was very exciting. Now I’m just nervous for the next one at 8 weeks where we will look for the heart beat. I think I need to hear it before I can relax a little and finally take this all in as real! I’ve been super tired and had tender breasts since about 4 weeks, and nauseous since 5 weeks.

@Shanta for you! We are rooting for it to work the first time

@Shay I didn’t take a digital till I had a VERY obvious line on a FRER, just so I knew it couldn’t be negative

5 years ago

@Shay, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I would demand they do something remind them you are the paying customer and you want answers or something to help start your cycle.

@shanta good luck with your trigger shots!!

User image

Yay, shanta.

I'm still waiting to O.

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo