Community post

Discussion

In the TWW. Looking for friends to commiserate with

View Full Post

Hi all!

I got my birth control out in January and we have been trying for the past couple of months. I'm in my TWW now and I'm 8 DPO.

Before having my first, we suffered through 2 chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage. Son is now 2 years old and will turn 3 in June.

I'm looking for people to connect with so that we can cheer each other on and commiserate about life with.

<a href=

357 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

71 - 80 of 357 Replies | Last Page

@miracle80 - you sound like you are in the same boat...today is CD4 for me. What day did you start testing with the OPK?

"5 days of blinking smiley faces"...wow! I guess that's good...I was hoping for 3 blinky days and the solid smile...just hoping for a 6-day window...so was that an 8-day window for you last cycle?

What CD are you today?

7 years ago

Smartbaby- I'm cd4 as well!! Can't wait to share notes as we're exactly on the same cycle day.
I started testing at CD 8 and I got blinking CD10 CD11 CD12 CD13 CD14 and solid on CD14night (I tested at night because I had eggwhite cm so I wanted to see what the OPK said then too) I think I ovulated CD15 or CD16. I also tested CD15morning with another OPK and my line was DARKER than the test line.. it gave me so much hope that I had a nice strong ovulation... but nope... it didn't work out this time.
I'm not sure if 5 blinking smileys were good or bad... I think it's irrelevant because it's not like it worked .. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

User Image

7 years ago

Smartbaby: So far I like it. I like that it can save 6 cycles of info on it so they can be compared. I posted a photo in the gallery this morning it's anonymous but it's the only recent one that's a screen. It is pricey though. I bought it because I thought my hormones might be off and this checks for two: estrogen and LH. For this cycle, I have been faithful to record BBT and got nervous with so many high temps during the follicular phase. So, today, when the machine said High and that it said in words that it detected a rise in estrogen I thought this may be an indicator that I am okay after all but this is my first cycle with the monitor and recording BBT properly, now that I know what I am looking for. The article link in my previous post really helped me. Also, it is something my hubby can see and understand as he is not cooperative with these matters otherwise.

GinSue: Yes, you're right. 12 - 14 is very average. EWCM is a great indicator. 12 - 48 hours ovulation may occur with that type of CM. Clearblue Fertiliity Monitor might be good for you. See above.

Miracle80: I heard the CB Ov kit is good. Getting 5 blinkies sounds like great window for making babies to me! The monitor is pricey but for me I am starting to feel some peace and that makes it worth it despite cost. All I have to do is buy the sticks and they can come in packs of 30. Best of luck to you too.

7 years ago

@miracle80 - so exciting! The instructions say I should start testing on on CD7, but I usual ovulate between CD10-13...so idk if I should start earlier to establish the baseline.

The instructions said to use FMU so I was debating using the 1st test tomorrow (CD5). Thankfully there are 10 sticks...lol

7 years ago

Oh thanks so much mumum2! Thats interesting about the CB OPK I will look into it! Best of luck this cycle ladies

I am CD 2 today so hoping to ovulate in 10days time which doesn't feel like too far away! Lets hope this is our lucky cycle ladies

7 years ago

GinSue: To be clear, I have the touchscreen monitor mini computer-like device which like the much cheaper CBOPK detects two hormones. Both are good. They give a greater window for BDing before O. What I like about the one I have is that not only did it say High but said it detected a rise in estrogen. My bbt temps were in the 98/99s through my period this cycle. I'll show you the charts if you'd like. Maybe you can give me insight on it. There may still be a hormone problem or perimenopause possibly IF they continue on with future cycles. Good luck and keep in touch.

7 years ago

I am not sure about the whole bbt temps thing. First off I don't have a thermometer and I don't know what your temp can tell you?

7 years ago

@Mummum2 - the clearblue advanced digital detects both LH and estrogen too, but was much cheaper...I temp religiously so I added the OPK for more reliable and advanced O prediction...the fertility monitor sounds very nice...I was being cheap...lol

I was tempted, but I wanted to see if this would do the trick before investing in that one. We'll see how it works out. What you have is actually the better value since the $40 box holds 30 sticks and I just paid $35 for 10 sticks. But first I have to fork over that $100 for the unit...hmmm

I read about them both before purchasing. Yours definitely sounds nice.

7 years ago

GinSue: Oh ok. I found out that temps can indicate for some women that they ovulated, pregnant, and hormone problems. Read this article: www . white lotus clinic . ca . basal - body - temperature. I learned a lot from it. :) I am new to all that so that info helped. I'm nearing 40 so I need to kinda hurry now.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo