Community post

Discussion

Trying for April 2017 Babies

View Full Post

AF showed her ugly head today right on time, so now I'm waiting for ovulation. Looking for cycle buddies for this month. I had a ton of symptoms and now feel crazy for thinking I could get a BFP on my first month trying. But hopeful for next month, and better timing. We only BD once and I think it may have been after O so I think we will try harder and time better this month. So here's to April Babies!

User Image

218 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

131 - 140 of 218 Replies | Last Page

Such great news to hear you guys getting BFP! Soo happy for you all!
Did my OPK this morning and I'm officially ovulating so fingers crossed that this is my month too!
This month I will not be testing until at least 13dpo as last month I became a little obsessed with testing early even though I knew it wouldn't show had I been pregnant!
I think In the UK things are very different as over here, once you find out you are pregnant you ring the doctor and they give you the first slot available (usually a couple of weeks) and they just take your word for it that you are pregnant. No bloods or tests until you go to the hospital around 10w!
Baby dust to everyone

7 years ago

Such great news to hear you guys getting BFP! Soo happy for you all!
Did my OPK this morning and I'm officially ovulating so fingers crossed that this is my month too!
This month I will not be testing until at least 13dpo as last month I became a little obsessed with testing early even though I knew it wouldn't show had I been pregnant!
I think In the UK things are very different as over here, once you find out you are pregnant you ring the doctor and they give you the first slot available (usually a couple of weeks) and they just take your word for it that you are pregnant. No bloods or tests until you go to the hospital around 10w!
Baby dust to everyone

7 years ago

Well, tested this morning (1 day earlier than what Ovia calls), and it was a . Used a First Response Early Result.

No yet, but I'm only 11DPO. Guess it still may be early, and I'm not technically out until AF shows, but I just wanted to "rip the band aid off" so to speak.

However, I'm looking forward to seeing if my LP has increased. So far, it has... as of tomorrow, it'll be an additional 1 day added!!!

DH and I are working on ourselves right now, and with those changes, we should have better luck in the Fall.

to others who are still waiting.

User Image

7 years ago

Hugs, that is so interesting! I can't say I have much experience in doctor visits once pregnant, but I know one of the first things they do is get confirmation somehow. I think mostly the blood tests are for YOU to confirm that you're pregnant this early on though, not really for the doctor - although them finding out is convenient for you too!

Good news is bodies work generally the same in america AND the uk so no need for a doctor just yet and we are all testing the same together :) And I know exactly how you feel about testing early, I have my cheap tests and my "good" tests (FRER and Clearblue) and starting at like 9dpo the last couple of cycles I've started testing with the cheapies and convincing myself the BFN was because they were cheap. Then I would 100% convince myself by 12dpo and waste a test and ALWAYS without fail AF would show whatever day I use one of the good tests. So no testing for me until day of AF or later!

Fingers are crossed for you, Hugs!

Megan - I couldn't IMAGINE being that late! SURELY you just have super low levels, I would be dying to take a blood test! What kind of tests have you been using? The doctor usually uses the cheapies I know

7 years ago

My doctor doesn't do anything to confirm. She just told me (last time I was pregnant) that once I got a positive pregnancy test, I should call and schedule an appointment for around 10-12 weeks.

Babybump- I'm very confused by it all! I was using Wal-Mart's cheap tests, but then I bought some tests at Family Dollar that are comparable to First Response, but that was negative too. So, I'm going to try to hold off on testing until Tuesday and then if it's still BFN, I'll call my doctor and see if I can get in for a blood test.

7 years ago

Well, about to head over to the May 2017 babies board. Officially having some reddish/pinkish spotting and today's 12DPO. Not officially calling this day 1, but is about to arrive.

Overall, I'm okay with it. Still have lots of hope for these next several months.

Good luck to everyone else!!

User Image

7 years ago

Hello Ladies!

I thought I would join this discussion because if I get a positive on Thursday I will have an April baby which would be lovely because my birthday is in April also

We did our first IUI on July 20th after TTC for 6 years. I am currently on DPO12. I go back to the fertility clinic on Thursday (will be DPO15, CD28) for a test to see if it worked!

I starting spotting light pink this afternoon but then it went away, no cramping at all. Temperatures are holding anywhere from 97.8 - 98.2.

I will keep you posted!

7 years ago

Fingers crossed for you Mrs. Anna!! Keep us posted!! I am about 98% sure I o'ed today (last bd was Sat night) so I'm hoping the little dudes are hanging out waiting!!

7 years ago

Well, I went in for a blood test today and it came back negative. I still haven't gotten my period (12 days late) and I have so many pregnancy symptoms! I don't know what to do now...I assume I have to wait for my next period to come before I can start charting and trying again...or can I ovulate without having a period? I feel like I've lost so much ground...feeling frustrated!

Hoping the rest of you have better luck!

7 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I too went for my blood test and it was negative :(

We have 2 more rounds of IUI so we will see!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo