Community post

Discussion

August 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

I hope that all IUIs and IVFs will be successfull in August

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

173 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

61 - 70 of 173 Replies | Last Page

Oh, wow. How wonderful that you have insurance coverage for this!! My insurance covers zero for infertility, so we've spent about $100,000 between the IVFs and IUIs, etc.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

I know infertility treatments can be super expensive.

I have not paid a lot so far for all the testing I have done and most likely I will only have to pay co-pays.

My husband is changing his job soon and we might have to pay for part of the IVF or IUI - sperm cleaning bc he is not under my insurance and there is no way I can put him on it. but in 2 months he should be back on insurance and his new insurance also will cover infertility treatment.

we keep separate insurances bc my job pays for 100% of my insurance but if I would like to add him on it it would cost us a lot of money to do so.

I complain that my job does not pay me as much as they should be but I guess it evens out when you consider benefits

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Want tomorrow to be here now. Grr

9 years ago

another day... one step closer to HSG and ovulation :)

How is everybody doing? Are you guys getting ready for IUI or IVF?

No IUI or IVF this month or next cycle for me. I am doing acupuncture. 6 DPO... HIGHLY doubt I'm preggo from just a spontaneous month for us, but you never know. I'll test next week and see.

Good luck on your HSG!

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

Ladies i know i bitch a lot lately but i am livid.......
Went to my dr. apt today. got there at 10:15 and they tell me " OH i am sorry, i forgot that you where coming in today.... We dont have anyone to do the ultrasound till this afternoon. Let me see if i can just find someone..." I was hot.... She comes back in at 11... No sorry no one can see you, go eat lunch and come back at 1:30..... I was pissed.
Get back at 1:30 and the guy does the ultrasound. i have 2 follicles that are 14 on day 11. Woohoo. Then the nurse comes back in and says "hey did we put you on any medicine?" Looking at her like she is nuts i say yes clomid. She asks "do you know how much?" i give her a look and say 5 pills a day. " she says " OMG 5!!!" i say YES. she says "oh um ok." and leaves. I wanted to hit SOMETHING at this point.
after waiting another hour my RE comes in. and the first thing out of his mouth is " Well they should have told you up front, but i guess we forgot but i am going to be away this Friday-Sunday..." We might have to cancel this cycle. I say EXCUSE me. He says" well maybe you will get lucky and not turn positive until Sunday. Then IUI on Monday, if not shucks, guess we just messed up." At this point I WANTED TO HIT HIM! I say so you saying i wasted two cycles, this makes my 4th cycle on 300 clomid, two wasted money cycles on meds... and all there is to say is oh shucks! He just shrugs and says well i have plans, the girls out front should have told you.... Just test everyday and pray that it does not turn positive until Sunday...."
i swear ladies i am DONE with him. I am just going to freaking take matters into my own hands. i am going to test everyday until Sunday. On Sunday if not positive i am going to take the Trigger shot and just call them and tell them it turned positive on Sunday and iui on Monday. Then i am done with him...
I got my trigger shot in the mail today. and i called the RE because they did not tell me how much or where to take it. I have no clue. and of course the RE nurse forgot to call me back.. So i will just have to call and call to get an answer on how to do this shot.
I JUST WANT TO CRY!

9 years ago

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry your RE and his office are so scattered. I think you'll be fine though timing wise. If you call and schedule an IUI on Monday (preferably early morning), then you can trigger 36 hours before your IUI, so sometime late Saturday night. You don't typically wait for the opk to turn positive before you trigger. Usually we wait until the follicles are 18-20mm, but if you can't get a scan between now and then we can guess that follicles grow about 2mm per day, so you'll be triggering when they are about 20mm, which is perfect. So get an early IUI app for Monday and your golden!

The only rule for injecting is do it in the abdomen. The tricks I found for injecting are: ice the area before for 3-5 min (I ice while I mix, stick soft ice pack in waist band), add 3/4 of a cc to the powder, shake gently (so no bubbles) until totally dissolved, suck up all of the mixed fluid (will be about 1cc), pull fluid down in syringe (so none leaks out when you change needles), cap needle, switch needles (to smaller one), uncap needle, slowly and gently thump out bubbles and push liquid up til it touches syringe side of needle. Then I sit down, and gently push needle into abdomen (below belly button on one side), slowly inject fluid. It will likely burn a little and be itchy and maybe red after. Ice it again. Also try to pick an injection site that isn't right where your waist bands sit, it will be a little tender the next day. If it really burns inject half on the right and half on the left. Eat a piece of chocolate and go to bed.

Good luck!! Fingers crossed for you!!

9 years ago

Texas- Your RE is an A#&. I am LIVID for you. At my RE's office the nurses do the IUIs. Why can't he just have a nurse do it....not that the nurses at the office sound any better then your RE. Next cycle find someone else. What a horrible experience.

My trigger which is ovidrel already has the stuff in it when I pick it up from the pharmacy. I was told to just insert it about 2-3 inches away from my belly button. The needle is pretty small so I don't usually use ice.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

Texas - so sorry girl... you have a right to bitch as much as you can... and also try to look for a different RE.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo