Community post

Discussion

August 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

I hope that all IUIs and IVFs will be successfull in August

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

173 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

51 - 60 of 173 Replies | Last Page

I'm just quiet because after 3 days of evaps and faulty tests and getting my hopes up, AF showed yesterday. :(

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

so sorry essemkay

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Question about IVFs:
How long does it take to do IVF? I mean do you need to do some extra testing for IVF if you did all the tests for IUI? or is it basically once you do IUI they can move to IVF next month? or does it take few months to prepare body for IVF?

so i had my baseline labs and ultrasound today. the nurse had called my on Friday (8/1) to tell me to stop BCP on aug 3 and when this appointment was today. I havent heard anything from her about meds or anything since I start BCP early July. when I called her on July 21 after hearing from the pharmacy about my meds she assured me that she would call me when i needed to know something and i shouldnt worry. well like i said she called me aug 1. today i go in and find out i was supposed to start Lupron on july 30. does anyone else see a problem here?? why didn't she tell me that when i asked about it on July 21?? and then why did she wait to call me until after i was supposed to start meds??? i am infuriated and this might mean I have to wait until september or even october to do my FET that i already paid for.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

I am sorry essemkay.Hugs. I am CD 10

9 years ago

SMC I would be super angry as well !!!

Oh smc I would be livid.

9 years ago

Oh, SMC, that's awful! Did you complain to the doc or office manager? Totally unacceptable.

Basia, the only thing I know about IVF is it takes two months for the process. When you start your cycle you'll go on BC and then the following month you'll start other drugs before the retrieval. That's the short version of it.

So my guilty pleasure of the day, and please feel free to judge, is my DH and I are going to see Justin Timberlake tonight. My dh says JT will be our kids godfather if he helps us get pregnant. Sadly I don't O til Monday but DH doesn't have to know that.

9 years ago

Basia30, timing for IVF depends on a lot of things.

First, it depends on what tests you've already had. If you've not had an SIS (saline sonogram) or mock embryo transfer (pretty much the same thing), you will probably need one of those. My doctor insists on them, some don't.

Second, it depends on your protocol. You may have a protocol that requires birth control suppression to start, could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks of it. Also, is there lupron involved. Some protocols have you do both lupron & birth control pills with some overlap. Some protocols have neither. Here's a quick set of timelines for 2 of my IVFs.

The first one, I did no suppression, but I did have to have an SIS. So, between cycle day 7 and 12, I had the SIS. Next cycle, I went in on CD3 for baseline, started stims that night. Stimmed for 7 days, then triggered, had retrieval 36 hours after trigger, transfer 3 days after retrieval, and pregnancy test 14 days after transfer. BFP (baby from that cycle has just turned 3 years old).

Third IVF, he required another SIS because I had lost a couple of pregnancies in between and had a c-section with my daughter, so he was concerned about scar tissue. Also, started with 2 weeks of birth control pills. Stopped those and then it took about 3 days to get my period. Went in on "CD3" for baseline, started stims. Stimmed for TWELVE days because of the suppression ($$$$$), trigger, retrieval 36 hours after trigger, transfer 5 days after retrieval (we did a 5 day instead of a 3 day transfer this time), pregnancy test 11 days after that. BFP (baby from that cycle died at 10.5 weeks gestation).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

thanks essemkay for you input :)

I would rather have IVF done than IUI - bigger chances of getting pregnant

I think my insurance covers 3 IUIs and after that 2 IVFs

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo