Community post

Discussion

September 2015: IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Here we go ladies! Let's have a positive month!

170 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 170 Replies | Last Page

Good morning!

Margie - I'm sorry you have to avoid family members because of their comments, I definitely know how that feels. We started having to hide the fact that we're still trying from like 99% of people because they always seem to say horrible things :( I hope your AF stays away and you end up with a bfp instead!!

Cate - My wife did take the trigger shot, but according to our doctor it should have only had side effects for a few days (she said maybe 5 at most, and symptoms started after 7, so I don't know what to think). Maybe she got a smaller dose or something? What the doc said seems to contradict everything I've read online.

jeskalillis - I think your symptoms sound promising! I really hope AF stays away!! Also, you live in Hawaii? How cool!

AFM (well, Michelle, not really me) - no change in symptoms this morning. It's 8dpiui today... inching closer to this TWW being over! The hip pain has been better during the day the last couple of days, so I keep thinking it's going away, but it gets bad again at night. So I don't know what to think of that. She was SUPER grumpy last night, but that seems to be gone this morning (thankfully! lol!)

8 years ago

Bridget- Sounds like some promising symptoms! Did you use the known sperm donor this time at the clinic? My husband (he's FTM trans) and I did IUI in July with a sperm bank donor. I hope this is your BFP!

User Image

8 years ago

Hi chaffinsl! We used a sperm bank donor this time. The clinic we use will only use frozen sperm unless it's your spouse/partner or something I guess.

By the way, congrats to you and your husband! :) When are you due?

8 years ago

Bridget~ good luck to u and ur wife!! I hope u get ur BFP :)) very patient of u both to wait till weds! I wasn't that patient lol! I tested 10dpo haha! I did get my 1st very faint line on that test though :) FXed for u both!!!

Jes~I'm sorry u got another BFN :((( I sure hope ur not out! GL!

Cate~thank u :) wow that's crazy ur already 13 wks! It really has flown by! I still can't believe I'm 9weeks 2 days.

Margie~I'm sorry ur sister is so mean to u! It sounds to me like she's jealous of u! My sister use to be like that towards me and I think it was bc she always thought my mom was there for me more than her when we were younger. I'm 5 yrs older so by the time my sister was around 9-10 I was 14-15 and in HS and gone all the time with friends and I think she didn't like that. Idk lol! But long story short she was always jealous. She finally grew up a little and realized she was being dumb and she's seriously my very best friend now. I love her with all my heart and I look back and can't believe how she use to b towards me. I hope the same happens for u and u can rekindle ur relationship!

Peace~I'm so sorry ur still bleeding! R they going to check ur hcg again?

User Image

8 years ago

We are due March 25th :). Which sperm bank did you go through? Our RE said the same thing- but looking back I'm glad we didn't go with a known donor- it could have definitely gotten sticky later! We did choose a donor willing to be identified when the child is 18 just in case they got curious :).

User Image

8 years ago

Shan - if it were up to me we would definitely be testing earlier, but my wife HATES testing and it stresses her out. She's the type that would rather wait to see if AF shows up. Since she's the one that's possibly pregnant, we play by her rules :)

chaffinsl - we used Fairfax Cryobank. Ours can find out after 18, too. Which bank did you guys use? Using a known donor was definitely kind of scary all the times we tried, so it's a huge weight off knowing that the legal stuff is covered this way.

8 years ago

We used Fairfax too! lol. What's your donor number? I think it definitely makes my husband feel better that all the legalities are covered and he doesn't have to think about our friends DNA all the time lol.

User Image

8 years ago

Our donor number is 4549. What's yours? I just looked at it again, and I guess we ended up picking an anonymous one. We had so many on our favorites list that they all started blending together in my mind, lol!

8 years ago

haha! Ours was 4940, my husband is a history buff and he said it would drive him nuts not to know so he had to have an id option donor lol. We had a top 5 and I let him make the final choice. It was a tough choice! lol. He couldn't decide who was "pretty enough" but not "too pretty" lol.

Did you get to see adult pics of the donor?

User Image

8 years ago

We used donor at fairfax too 1982. I found out to day that hcg is now8 so we lost this one. So very sad. We r going to try Ivf next. Waiting for dr to call back tomorrow. Can someone give me the breakdown on how Ivf works? Hugs to all.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo