Community post

Discussion

CD 6

View Full Post

Heyy ladies! Today Im on cd 6. Anyone else just start a new cycle? This is our 11th month ttc. Im surprisingly optimistic this go around...Im sure that will change once the tww gets here lol. This cycle we are using preseed, fertility vitamins, and tomorrow we are both taking fertility tests we ordered off of amazon...Im anxious to know the results! How is everyone else feeling? Anyone trying anything new? Good luck and baby dust to everyone!!! :]

313 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 313 Replies | Last Page

Hi julia, welcome :]

Sorry to hear that you think you missed it this month. You never know tho, it only takes once! Are you and your dh trying anything while ttc like vitamins or opks? Hopefully this is your month! Baby dust :]

10 years ago • Post starter

Good afternoon ladies...and welcome Julia....

I would say that we grew very fond of each other the past month....and is there for each other no matter the outcome each month or what trials, hope and failure we have to face.....it makes it very special to have someone to share your ttc emotions with and who understands when you act crazy or just being silly....

Julia tell us more about yourself......me and Liz's cycles are the same I'm also cd10 today and will start my addiction today to see when O will be around...Shelob is only a couple of days behind us....and you a couple of days past us.....sorry to hear that you might have missed your O this month...but like Liz said it only take one time to get your sticky bean......

Me and DH is just passed our 3rd cycle last month, this will be our 4th cycle...well according to my stats my fertile period should start on the 24th and end on the 29th....DH and I start bdancin o couple of days before my fertile period, we bd every second day till my fertile period and then every day till after O has been confirmed.

Liz sure sounds like you are crazy busy. Makes the wait for O much easier if you keep busy....

Shelob how is AF treating you?

DH and I had a crazy night we were in bed by 22h00 last night when he received a callout from work at 11h45 he only came back home after 04h00 this morning....so when this happened I don't sleep crazy I know....don't know why just the way my mind work....it didn't help either that our house alarm went off just after 12h00 and again just before 2 this morning, armed response came to the house to check things out but couldn't find anything wrong.......so finally when DH phoned on his way home just before 4 this morning I could get myself to close my eyes and sleep....

So today we both feel hangover which is so not cool since we never had alcohol last night......today there will be no bdancin....but tomorrow night whoop whoop......there will be some bdancin......

Well I'm off to go have lunch with DH at my favourite coffee shop and then will be stopping at the pharmacy to get Opks for the next few days.....

Goodluck ladies baby dust.......

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Liz - I find it too that being busy with friends makes all this waiting fly by. I think the distraction is healthy.

Dixie - My husband's also away for work at night sometimes, and I can't sleep so well either. I don't think I'm consciously awake worrying about anything, but the sleep I have isn't as deep.

AFM, right now I'm taking prenatals, charting BBT, and tracking CM. I don't swallow pills well, so my prenatals are chewable. Because they look like candy, they don't have any iron in them - kids are too likely to eat them when their TTC mom isn't looking, and too much iron can be toxic to kids. (No, I don't have any kids yet, so that's not an issue in my house.) Next time I go for a physical, which should probably been soon, I'll ask the doc if I should take an iron supplement separately.

I've thought about trying OPKs. On the pro side - I'll have a more accurate sense of when I ovulate, since I don't always do a very good job charting BBT. On the con side - I could just BD regularly and save the money. What do you guys think, are they helpful enough to be worth purchasing?

And I may actually have more time to BD in my fertile period; after two high (but not very high) temps on Tues and Wed, today my temp is back down to pre-ovulation normal. I was pretty disappointed about that this morning because it means another irregular cycle. I don't want another 79-day one! But I still have wet CM (although not quite EWCM yet), so maybe my body tried to release an egg, failed, and is trying again. If that can happen.

In that case, I'm at CD 30 of an irregular cycle. "Normal" cycles are close to 40 days. This is only my third cycle off birth control (although I've been off since Easter!), so I guess I should expect a little irregularity.

Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since: March 2013 Irregular cycles User Image

10 years ago

Hi Ladies...

Julia it's very difficult to say but as far as I know you only O once during your cycle......in my opinion buy the Opks because off your irregular cycles because it's much more difficult to pinpoint O in your case. Use it for a few months just until your cycle is back to normal and you have a trend when you O each cycle....

I haven't used the pill in more than 20 months due to the fact that it causes my blood to clot.....damn pills I always knew they where bad for a women....but I started to use them when me and DH got engaged in 2011...never needed them before then....I was using them for about 12 months when my trouble started....coming December I will be off them for 2 years.....due to this mishap I'm not allowed to have any form of hormonal treatments or ever taking any hormonal treatments or the pill for that matter in my life again...

Back to your situation......I would definitely invest in Opks for a few months...I have also read on more than a few webpage that checking temp is not the best way to confirm O......to many irregularities.....but hey the choice is still yours......good luck and Babydust to all the ladies....

User Image

10 years ago

Hi girls!!

Well AF has gone back to what it was like pre-miscarriage that's for sure! Much lighter and no where near as painful! It is almost finished now.

Hi Lizhaley, I am so pleased you had a good busy time for a while. I missed you on here but I think the fact that your mind was far enough on other things that you forgot to use an OPK is a good thing!! :)

Dixieheart I don't like the sound of your night with the broken sleep! I have real trouble settling when my husband isn't home as well. That doesn't happen often fortunately as he works from home!! Usually it is me who is away on work things!

Welcome Julia :) With the OPKs if you have long cycles I recommend them. I have PCOS so never have any idea of when I will ovulate. Anywhere from CD9 to CD31!!! BBT wont tell you when you are going to ovulate, so you would always have to BD frequently if you don't use OPKs. We have felt such relief since we started using them because I know they day before I will ovulate and we can time things better. Mine are really cheap as I buy ~50 at a time. Internet deals are the best :) Have you seen a doctor and done blood tests to find out why you have such long cycles? When I came off birth control I had very regular cycles for 6 months before the PCOS took over again. I think the hormones in the birth control got me all sorted out but over time my body reverted to it's usual strange self!! I am on clomid to reduce my cycle length by inducing ovulation (not that that has worked in the first cycle!!!)

Right, I must head off to work now!!! Have a good day/evening/morning everyone :)

10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your night alone dixieheart. My dh works night shift every other two weeks and I can never sleep when he is away either. And thanks shelob! It was very nice to make new friends and to be busy for a change but now its back to ttc! haha

I tried to chart my temps but like I told the ladies before I cant because I'm a mouth breather and if you are the temps arent correct. I also highly recommend opks. I buy mine online and I get 50 opk tests and 20 pregnancy tests for 20 dollars (thats usd...not to sure where you're located at or if that changes the price haha) But they def give you a good idea of the time that you o. And also, you only o once a month. Your body can try to o and fail in which case it can try again later in your cycle. That is the most common reason for late periods. If you are looking for information on things like that the book TCOYF is a great book to read. Also, you should be fine without the iron unless you are deficient. Otherwise you should be fine until you get your bfp. I would still check with your doctor tho bc you could be deficient and not know it.

Have you gotten your results back from your dh's test yet dixieheart? And I'm glad your af if back to normal shelob. Mine varies in intensity sometimes and it can get very annoying.

Hi ladies! How are all of you doing today? It just turned Friday here (its 3am) I have the worst sleep schedule ever, I know lol. I started my opks last night and my first was negative as expected. The test this morning was a little darker so I suspect my surge will be in the next few days. It usually gets gradually darker then a very dark positive about two or so days later. I'm officially in my fertile window so the bd-ing every day has commenced! haha

How are things going for y'all today?

He he it is still the same day as I wrote my last message for me :) It was a good day, though long! I have another long one tomorrow even though it will be a Saturday.

AF has almost stopped now. Just spotting.

We just booked a holiday for in a months time. Either will be pregnant during it, or otherwise I think it could be around my fertile time, which would also work nicely for us :) I like having a reason to be happy even if I am not pregnant. It takes a little edge off the disappointment. I have two baby showers to go to for close friends between now and then too.

That's a shame about your sleep patterns Lizhaley :( I know how it feels. For weeks on end I was having trouble sleeping. Kept waking at ridiculous times like that. I have been better last month and this so hopefully that continues.

Right. Bedtime for me!!

10 years ago

Hi ladies.....

The doctor phoned me today with DH's test results....it was good news, he said the count come back very high so no worries in that department....he said must be all the vitamins I have been giving to DH for the past few month..he would like to see us on Monday so he could explain everything nicely to the both of us in person....DH was so worried that there might have been a problem with his swimmers......I also did my first Opk test this afternoon with a not so faint negative......my saliva test is also showing small ferning patterns which means O is about 3-4 days away......according to my calculations my fertile period should start from tomorrow....there is also an increase in my cm....feeling very positive about this month.....

Liz it sounds like we are the same day in our cycle....will be amazing if we both conceive the same day......

Shelob so glad AF is packing her stuff which also means O is around the corner for you....I'm really feeling positive for all of us this month ladies.....

A holiday sound very nice Shelob...DH and I was also thinking of going away to our family beach house down at the coast for my birthday next month....it will be the big 30 for me this year.....and next year for DH.....

Sticky beans and Babydust ladies......I'm praying and hoping for all of us......

User Image

10 years ago

Glad your af is almost gone shelob, you can join us in the wait to o haha. Your holiday (I'm assuming thats the same thing as our vacation?) sounds like a good idea! Hopefully you will be enjoying your first vacation pregnant :] If not that will be a good stress reliever:] We are going on vacation in October to visit some of our family and friends back home. I can't wait to see them all again.

Glad to hear the good results dixieheart! My dh is taking the fertility vitamins too. I hear they are really good. Hopefully this good news will put your mind at ease to know you both are healthy and are in prime baby making condition :] I'm sure it will be no time before you get your bfp! And yes that would be amazing if we got our bfps at the same time! Good luck and baby dust to both of you!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo