Community post

Discussion

Maca Root and Delayed Period

Hi all,

TTC again after giving it up for a couple of years. Almost 100% sure I ovulated on the 21st (yes, during the eclipse, of all times, which was WILD) based on cervix position and obvious surge of estrogen followed by a plummet of estrogen that was very noticeable by my mood shift, sudden plummeting of elevated libido, and drying up of CM. I ate a pineapple core and started taking Maca powder on the 22nd as I knew that if I had ovulated it was almost SURE there was fertilization and wanted to make sure to boost my progesterone.

The good news is that the rise in progesterone was noticeable as I suddenly because very sluggish and had a need to curl up on the couch. On the 28th, around the time I could expect implantation I felt fluttering on my left side.

So now I'm about 3 or 4 days late, as my cycle is 26 - 27 days, but I don't have any symptoms at all besides late AF and being sluggish and sleepy. I'm starting to wonder if I just have a lot of progesterone from the maca and that is delaying my AF.

No I have not done an HTP. I'm too afraid of the disappointment and don't want to test too early.

So just wondering if people know anything about maca taken in the luteal phase, AFTER ovulation, causing a late AF.

5 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Now 14 dpo. Still haven't had the guts to do an HPT, but cervix is raised and softer than it should be at this time in cycle. Will update when I find out for sure.

6 years ago • Post starter

15 dpo and HPT is a BFN.

16 dpo. Went to nearby clinic and get BFN urine test. Requested blood HcG. Doctor was not very good and just straight off said my hormones must be out of balance. I'm not even a doctor and I know that diluted urine at 4.5 weeks could give a false negative in a urine test. But anyway, since I've been taking maca root, the idea that my hormones are now OUT of balance does not make sense.

Gah.

Gotta wait two days now for blood HcG.

Welp. I'm out. AF at 16 dpo. Was 6 days late.

I'm sorry AF showed up and your body was playing tricks on you. Mine does this to me all the time since we have been ttc for second child. I just recently started taking maca root too and hope to see some improvement in my hormones. Only been taking it for 14 days and AF just showed up today.

Good luck on your journey!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo