Community post

Discussion

what is long term?

Hi all, I saw the long term and thought oh maybe not in there but then remembered when i told someone the other day that id been trying since dec 09, they told me that was a long time so i apologise if this is in the wrong place, i dont know where to turn im fed up of people saying 'it will happen' 'youre trying too hard' 'you should think yourself lucky as you have two already' etc etc. im 25 with 14 losses (most of which were before my 5 year old daughter), 2 disabled children, i have pcos and lost a tube in an op last year, ive been taking pregnacare and baby aspirin along with metformin for a while but i dont seem to catch. Every month i get horrendous symptoms in my 2ww but then test and get a bfn so symptoms subside, not this month though and im nearly a fortnight late. but im getting evaps and bfns. i think its finally taking its toll, i cant do this anymore, the emotional torture and seeing everyone everywhere getting their bfp or holding their bumps, dont get me wrong im happy but it soon hits home, that is likely to never be me, so i put ttc on hold then oh its back to the 2ww and all the symptom hunting comes up, i try not to but im desperate. i feel like a failure. im sorry i dont expect anyone to write anything or know what to write i just needed to offload as id like to think someone feels the same somewhere, however if i mention it to those that know me the ones that can catch by thinking the word penis then im overreacting and im being petty and selfish blah blah which i probably am but still. anyway, thank you for reading this.xxx

User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

i think that while TTC your first is the hardest as you dont have children to appreciate when you see AF or the BFN (I might be bias as I am stillTTC number 1!) I also think that when you get your heart set on having another baby, the AF or BFN is still devestating, and while I'm sure all mothers appreciate what they already have, its doesnt necessarily stop that urge for another one which is hard to take when you cant fulfil that urge. and its probably especially hard when you "in theory" should have 16 children by now!!

you are certainly not a failure! please dont think that about yourself! if you are then I am too as we have been trying over a year, i have endometriosis and had a tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy. but i just have to keep plugging away each cycle, hoping for a better result!

how does wanting another child make you petty and selfish? cos again, if you are, then probably 99% of women on this website are!!! i dont think its selfish to have the natural urge to procreate! well, i guess there are certain cases, but from what you have said I dont think you are one of those cases!

i would love to tell you to keep your chin up, stay positive, it will happen etc. but seeing as I hate it when people say that to me, I wont say it to you.

just, keep venting on these pages because its better out than in!

hope things work out better for you soon
ktxx

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

hi mum2beansprout

i read your post there i knw how u feel when ppl keep telling u ''it will happen'' ''ur trying to hard''
i couldnt believe it today when i was speaking to my friend and she said to me why would it matter either way not as if i would knw any different coz i havent had any kids it really hurt when she said that too me especially since all i seem to hear jst now is ppl falling pregnant
anyway enough of me going on

i dont think you are being selfish wanting more kids there isnt exactly a limit on how many children you are allowed to have my husband comes from a family of 9 brothers and sisters

i havent been on this site long but i always feel better jst to come on and say whats bothering me because ppl around me dont seem to understand

keep us posted and good luck sending some good vibes and baby dust your way :))

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo