Community post

Discussion

7 weeks and showing BIG TIME??

I'm almost two months pregnant, but I'm already showing. Not the "Oh, no one else can tell" kind. People notice. Old ladies at the store look at my and smile and nod. Nobody's touched my stomach, but they stare. It's nice, but I'm already having to narrow my wardrobe and am looking at maternity clothes. I am seriously getting big. Has anyone else shown this early? What would cause it besides bloating (I don't feel that bloated)? Twins don't run in my family, but I suppose anything's possible. I've miscarried twice, both at around this time. The first time I wasn't showing at all, the second I was a little, but not enough for people to notice. I'm not super skinny, but definitely not heavy. 5'8" at around 155 lbs. Narrow hips, Anyone who knows what I'm going through or has advice or answers will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Here's a link to how I look right now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64769915@N08/6293166475/in/photostream

6 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

The more children you have the more the muscles in your stomach lose their elasticity if that makes any sense so some people will show earlier the more children the have some may not.

Good luck and congrats. :D

User Image

12 years ago

Your tummy looks adorable! As long as you're eating healthy and not completely sedentary, you're tummy is probably growing at the perfect rate for your baby. Also, you might gain more now and less later, just depending on your baby's unique needs. My friend was really upset that she put on so much weight her second trimester, but then it turned out that her little bump grew hardly at all the last trimester. Congratulations!

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks you guys!! You've made me feel a lot better. :)

12 years ago • Post starter

I am also 7 weeks today and showing alot!! People can definately notice and I have to already wear maternity clothes, not just pants but tops too or have enough room for my tummy.... not just bloating though...... so I am wondering the same thing ... why? I am normally 5'1 and around 155 also but I have gained five pounds already! I am wondering if I am having twins also.... I will find out this Thurs........

Let me know what you find out too! Good luck!

12 years ago

I know you've already had a few people answer you but I thought I'd chime in anyways :)

I think you both (7 week ladies who are showing quickly) sound pretty normal. I can tell you from experience that you definitely show much sooner with each pregnancy. Especially if you didn't mc. You mentioned that you've mc twice, but have you had a pregnancy that you were able to take to term? I am pregnant with my 4th baby (13 weeks) and you can definitely tell. My boss at work could tell at 8 weeks...I could tell about 6 weeks. I tend to gain more weight during my first trimester (6lbs thus far) not so much during the 2nd tri and the rest during the 3rd tri. Obviously, we are all different and I really wouldn't worry about it. yeah, you could be pregnant with multiples, but I don't think you have anything serious to worry about.

You look great! Good luck!

12 years ago

i'll join in with this one. Don't worry one little bit. I got married at 8 weeks pregnant and had to wear a corset to hide my bump as no one was meant to know. I am now 14 weeks and it has slowed down. Your bump is a wonderful thing - just embrase it :)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo