Community post

Discussion

Getting blood work done regardless of negative hpt

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are well. The first day of my last period was 11/15/13. I missed my period in December and now January. While I understand that most of you will say that I am NOT pregnant - I am still going to get a blood test done this week. While the symptoms are little, they are very abnormal, here is what I have been feeling:

tender breasts
very gassy
thirsty and urinate a lot (this is normal though)
v-discharge
feel like I have gained weight
stomach feels odd - I look at it and it looks like its forming a baby bump (but according to charts I would be nine weeks, not sure if that would be forming)
headaches
heartburn (this is a new one in the past week)
here and there feel a little nausea
tired a lot
miminal sore throat

I have read up on how a HPT could never work due to many different factors, and after the first two negatives I moved on from thinking I was pregnant - however, in the most recent days my body tells different.

I honestly haven't been obsessing about this but its just odd, since I am going to move forward with the blood test. Anywho...just curious if anyone has been in this position.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

If the home pregnancy tests are negative this far along then chances are you are not pregnant. I would have your androgen levels checked via bloodwork and request an ultra sound. There are many different things that can prevent you from having a period, such as stress, rapid weight loss or gain, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc. I have gone over 15 months without a period before and I was not pregnant and on no medication. It can be super stressful to have obstacles in our way to something we want so badly, but your health is imperative. I am hoping it all turns out well for you :)

10 years ago

I think its a great idea to get blood work done. In addition discuss your symptoms with the doctor.
My last period was on 12-13-13. I am on my CD41 with no sign of periods and a negative HPT. I consulted with my doctor few the symptoms that I am having. He suggested that I get a blood work done this week. Also I am seeing him next.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo