Community post

Discussion

waiting to conceive because of ovarian cyst

Hi all, it's been a long time since I've been on this site. I've had so much going on since my last time on here. For all of you who remember me, I had my last miscarriage (#6) last November. My periods were completely all over the place for months afterwards and I have been dealing with an ovarian cyst for about 8 months now, which I believe was causing my erratic cycles each month. I went to have it verified by my doctor in July and he told me it would eventually shrink and go away on it's own or if it didn't within a few months, I could go in for surgery and have it removed. I had decided to just let time take care of it but it is still here. I know from what I have read that what we eat can make it worse and I believe that my diet has kept it around. So, with more research daily, I came upon some information from a Dr. Lee, that by giving my ovaries a break by using progesterone for a few cycles, the cyst will disappear. This doctor recommends using progesterone cream daily but I had some of my prometrium capsules left and decided to use one nightly as a suppository. It DID keep me from ovulating this cycle so I am going to try doing this for another 2 cycles or until I don't feel this annoying cyst any longer. From what Dr. Lee say's, by giving my ovaries a break for a few months, when I get off of the progesterone, my ovulation will come back and respond very well, if there are any eggs left.... I'm hoping so anyway! It's so hard knowing that I am not ovulating for a few months but at the same time, every month when I could feel my ovaries trying to ovulate, i knew that it was only adding to the cyst. I've longed for one more baby for almost 3 years now with nothing but heartache and pain. I won't give up until I know for a fact that I am out of eggs and I know that my time is running short now so I can only hope that this progesterone will help right now. I am also using castor oil packs 3 days a week to help shrink the cyst and trying to eat healthier and take my vitamins. Just wondering if any on you ladies have experienced ovarian cysts and was still able to conceive. Thanks for listening.

Paradise

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi paradisein2011

Don't give up hope :)

Like you my period cycles have been irregular, and the pain difficult to deal with. I have three cysts on my right ovary.

But this month I started to feel quite sick and tired as well as the usual pelvic/ovary pain. (I brushed off the thought that it may be pregnancy related nausea but as it continued I realised it was very familiar to my previous pregnancies)

And yes I am pregnant!!

Hoping that all goes well with you.
Please post an update of how things are progressing for you.

10 years ago

Hey.
I'm 20, I had an ovarian tumour removed in 2012, when I was 18. I havent been TTC though, as I only got married September 2013.. I had a miscarriage soon after (not related to cysts) and I just got my first (I'm 18dpo) super faint BFP this morning, which I will be verifying with the docs soon.

There is always hope, and I think you have waited long enough for a little miracle. I hope you do get your bfp very soon, you're in my thoughts and prayers <3

Me(20) DH(24) - September 6th 2013 M/C - 25th September 2013 @ 5 weeks We love you little one, you're our little angel Restarted BCP 1/1/2014 - Ended BCP 18/3/2014, too broody to stay on it PCOS dx 2005 - Metformin 1000mg started 2013. Nerve issues dx 2009 - Amitriptyline 10mg started 2013. [i]Left & right ovarian cysts, left ovary 20% left after surgery to remove ovarian tumour. User Image

10 years ago

Oh and as my cycles are all over the place, I started temping this cycle. I tell you, charting makes all the difference. If you arent already, try it.. Its the only way I was going to work out my luteal phase but I havent seen AF yet. Good luck!

Me(20) DH(24) - September 6th 2013 M/C - 25th September 2013 @ 5 weeks We love you little one, you're our little angel Restarted BCP 1/1/2014 - Ended BCP 18/3/2014, too broody to stay on it PCOS dx 2005 - Metformin 1000mg started 2013. Nerve issues dx 2009 - Amitriptyline 10mg started 2013. [i]Left & right ovarian cysts, left ovary 20% left after surgery to remove ovarian tumour. User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo