Community post

Discussion

Anyone used MACA and conceived?!?!?

Hey ladies!!! I was curious to know if anyone has used Maca root for fertility and got pregnant?!?!? DH & I have been taking it. He takes black 500mg 2x daily in pills & I take red maca 2x 500mg pills daily. I have heard a lot of good things about it & just wanted to hear success stories!!! Thanks

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Really wanting to know if any ladies or DH has tried maca root to get preg & it was successful. How long did it take with maca? What are your fertility issues? How much were you or/and DH taking? Thanks!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Bump

I'm sure this won't be helpful, but I took maca for a week before conceiving this time. I also took Vitex on a few of the days of that week. I started on a Tuesday with 525mg and then bumped up to 1050mg on Wednesday, 1575mg on Thursday, until Sunday, when I went back to 525mg (headache, see below) and stopped taking maca altogether when I got a surprising BFP (we thought for sure we were out, because I never got a positive OPK). I wasn't even late before bfp, so again, surprising.

I decided to try maca because I have always had irregular cycles, even before getting pregnant with my son, so I wanted that benefit from the maca. I did get a pretty bad headache on Sunday night, but I hadn't had enough water that day, plus played ice hockey and was taking more maca than I could have. After Sunday, I went down to 525mg and then stopped after bfp. I did talk to an herbalist friend who told me that it really isn't recommended in anyone too young, because of overstimulating the adrenal glands. If there isn't a direct reason to be taking it, it might be better to find something else. I've also read a lot from women with regular cycles that it can really cause some nasty side effects, like erratic mood swings and 'crazy feelings'.

What ever you decide to do, good luck ttc!!!

10 years ago

DH and I both take it. He takes black 3000mg/daily & I take red 3000mg/daily. We buy the pills but open them & put them in our morning shakes. I have noticed tons of changes since using them. But I think if this cycle doesn't give me my BFP I have some Soy Isoflavones that I bought at Walmart & I'm going to use them cd2-6 80,80,120,120,160 to see if it helps. I heard SI acts just like clomid & im on round 4 of it now :( tonight's my last pill and I'm on 100mg :/ so hopefully this cycle is BFP so I don't have to use the Soy Isoflavones :) congrats on your BFP!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo