Community post

Discussion

How early is too early?

I had a UTI last week and my doc prescribed me some pills. She called me today to tell me they didn't treat the bacteria with the right kind of antibiotic sp they're giving me a new kind. BUT before I start on those, I have to make sure I am not pregnant by taking a HPT. I am 2 DPO today. It is way too early to test but I don't want to wait for the infection to get too bad before I do test and take the new antibiotics. I don't want to test too early either and get false neg, then go on the pills and mess up the baby. Here's the question: how early can I test? Is 5 DPO too early?

User Image and and to all!

1 Reply • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

5DPO is pretty early. You won't get an accurate result most likely. I would talk to your doctor and have her put you on something that won't affect the baby if you are pregnant. There are a lot of different kinds of antibiotics there should be another kind that is sensitive to what kind of bacteria you have and wont hurt the baby.

I wouldn't wait to treat, because UTIs can move up into your kidneys if you wait too long and clearing that up can take awhile, plus it hurts.

Talk to her and see what she can do. Good Luck!!!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo