Community post

Discussion

Am I ovulating? Did I miss it with my OPK??? Confused!

This is my first time using an OPK and I started almost 2 weeks ago. My last period was July 11-15 and I started testing daily the next day after my period ended. The first one I took was almost blank (the test line was the faintest I've ever seen) but the control was there (not as dark as it should be). I disregarded it since I tested kind of early in the day (about 9:30am). Since then, I tested daily at about the same time between 12p-2p...the test lines at first were faint and started getting darker, but only by a little. They never ever got anywhere close to being the same color as the test line. Today is day 14 of my cycle and my predicted ovulation is supposed to be occuring any day now since my cycle length is about 28-29 days. When I tested today, there was nothing in the window (the control was nice and dark), I thought maybe its because I drank a lot of fluid during the 2 hrs before I tested and it had something to do with it. So, I decided to take another test about 1 1/2 hrs later not having drank anything, and it's the same...nothing. Did I ovulate? The color just dropped drastically...actually, it pretty much disappeared. Today is tuesday, and I've tested every day since July 15th except this past weekend (July 21-22) I didn't test because my husband were on a trip in Munich. Is it possible I ovulated this past weekend? There was never a nice solid dark line before to indicate the LH surge....I am so confused. I had some cramping today but don't want to psych myself out because the cramps could have been caused by something I ate or something else. I'm sorry for such a long post but I am so confused and seeking for answers since I am desperately trying to conceive my first child. Thank you in advance with any input :)

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I'm not sure - are you BBT too? I started doing that this month along with OPKs. And it's given me a better understanding of what is going on.

Also, I've had spotty results with the strips - and this month I finally splurged on the Clearblue Easy OPKs that my ObGyn recommended. I was tired of guessing and squinting to see if that damn line ever got darker or as dark as the test line (and I have better than 20/20 vision, and a strong art background and I still had trouble judging!).

This month was my first month of using the CBE OPKs. I had some strips left over from last month and decided to test along side the CBE to see if they read the same. Guess what? They really didn't for me. They were really inconsistent.

I know the CBE is a bit expensive, but it is worth it to me to be sure and not have to guess or run into a bad strip on that critical day. I also tested twice a day, and this seemed to really pinpoint my O.

Just my opinion, but if you are really having trouble, add BBTing and use the digital OPKs.

and !!
Jen

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

11 years ago

Oh, and the strips I was using said to wait 4 minutes and check. That was almost impossible; i had to wait a full 10 minutes until the strip completely dried for it to be more accurate. I just didn't feel comforatble with them.

Hope this helps!

jen

11 years ago

Thanks! :) I will see how I do with these OPK's I bought off the shelf in the store first and then see if I should invest in the expensive ones...aren't they $120 or so? And no, I am not measuring BBT but I know I should. I will try to start that tomorrow, I have had multiple people tell me its so much easier to pin point it with BBT and OPK's. Since I'm just starting out with the whole timing/prediction/charting thing I will slowly be adding to my methods :)

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

The fertility monitors are in the $100s, but the simple OPKs are cheaper. 20-30$ for 20 test sticks. Google this:
Clearblue Oneâ??Month Digital Ovulation Kit
and you'll see prices that start at about 18$. I think I spent 25 for mine at Walgreens.

I haven't invested in a monitor, either. I may eventually, but trying it this way, first!

Good luck!!

11 years ago

Tha's suppposed to be "Clearblue One Month Digital Ovulation Kit"
Sorry - cut and paste did something weird...

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo