Community post

Discussion

2020 babies

Hi everyone ????????

So I’ve just found out a couple of days ago that I’m pregnant again. I had a chemical pregnancy last month so didn’t expect to fall pregnant this quickly. Did a few tests in between and all were negative. So at 9dpo I do a test as I just had a weird feeling at it was positive. I’m now 11dpo and done 7 tests. Various times of the day and various brands. All 100% positive. I’ve attached photos lol. So I’m 3weeks 4days now. Seems very early to know but I’m taking it. They’re very strong lines. And I feel quite sick. I don’t know if this is phantom sickness tho as surely it’s too early for sickness? I’m so worried about this pregnancy.

Would be good to find people in the same point of their journeys. I would love to hear stories if anyone wants to share?

user submitted image

7 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

@joanne Hi! First, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Those test are QUITE positive, lol. I'm not at the same point as you in the journey, but wanted to say that I found out when I was 3+4 as well (9-11 dpo) and was quite shocked at how positive the tests were, lol. I'm now 8+4 and due January 25, 2020! Best wishes to you!

4 years ago

Awesome! Keep me posted!

4 years ago

@Harmonyke congratulations to you too. I’m shocked at how positive they were. Last month they weren’t as dark later on so I think that’s got to be good. Have you had/going to have any early scans?

4 years ago • Post starter

Yes, that's a good sign! I miscarried in 2015, and though I didn't take NEARLY as many tests as I did this time around (lol) I don't think those got as dark as these did either.

As two days after I got the first positive, I went in for a blood test. It came back at 36. The follow up 66 hours later was 150. I went for a scan at 5+4 and they saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac, but no heart beat (too early) and they moved me back to 5+2. They said they would like to see me back at 7 weeks. I was so nervous, my midwife ran another blood test in between and it came back at 7253. My 7 week scan was last week Thursday at 7+4 and saw the baby, the umbilical cord, and heart beat (148 bpm)! Hope this helps!

4 years ago

@harmonyke that’s amazing. Thank you for sharing that. I’m so tempted to ask for a blood test. My drs are quite reluctant to do much. I used to work in a general hospital before and have been tested when at work when I wasn’t trying. Wish I did now it would be much easier lol

I'd totally ask for it, if you can. While my midwife was completely on board with testing for doubling, the office of midwives would not get me in for an early US so I called around until I found an office that would, lol. I'm sticking with my midwife, but I wanted, needed, and had a right to know what was going on, so stepped out and found someone who would give me answers. I'm completely calm now...sometimes, all you need is some early reassurance.

4 years ago

I think I’ll call them when I’ve finished my nights next week. I’m deffo going to have an early uss 100%. Awww I’m so glad your calm if only sometimes xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo