Community post

Discussion

BFP with strips, BFN with digital?

Has this happened to anyone? I tested BFP very early so it’s been very faint, 4 different test (2 different brands but all strips) the last test yesterday was easier to see though than the 3 from the day before.
But this morning, 2 days after first faint positive, I tried a digital with MU and it came back not pregnant. I’m not sure if that is common if it’s super early but they’re supposed to be equally sensitive, in fact the one I used yesterday less sensitive..

Including picture of yesterday’s test..

user submitted image

<a href=

3 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

mmm it never happened to me but when i conceived my son i used only the strips, he is 2 1/2 today. So i trust the strips. Make sure strips say HCG and not for ovulation. I can see is positive in the pic! Test again tomorrow with FMU and let me know. FX for you

5 years ago

Digitals can be tricky and usually they require much more hcg. However, consider this example:: If a strip has a sensitivity of 25, and your hcg is 20, you can see even a faint line with your naked eye and say, yes that's positive. A digital also has a sensitivity of 25, and your hcg is 20, but the digital uses a little computer to determine yes or no, so it says no because the line isn't as dark as it is programmed to see. Your hcg is the same and the sensitivity of each test is the same, but the results are different.

Good luck!

5 years ago

Thank you ladies, I took a new digital on Sunday that said positive and I also do trust the strips that’s why I prefer to use them! But as this wasn’t really a planned pregnancy I just needed that extra to really believe it.

<a href=

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo