Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy After Miscarriage

Hey Ladies! This is a hard topic for me, but I refuse to be defeated. I recently got my first BFP after my miscarriage 2 months ago. My husband and I have been trying for a while and I thought the last pregnancy was the answer to my prayers... only to be heartbroken after losing it. Now it seems I am pregnant again. I haven’t had the chance to schedule an OB appointment yet but I am scared to death that I may lose this one too. I have been obsessively testing every day wth FMU and right before bed after holding it for a while. Something in me needs to see that little pink line... to make sure that it is getting darker, or at the very least, that it’s still there. I have tests with times and dates lining my bathroom counter so I can see the progression. While somehow, deep inside, I know that this is the one but that doesn’t stop me from fearing the worst. How do I let myself live without worry? It’s tests now, but where does it stop? Monthly ultrasounds to make sure I can still see a heartbeat? My loss has left me broken, and the sheer thought of losing my little rainbow baby is more than I can bare. Anyone else ever feel this way? How did you cope?

4 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I carried a baby for 5 months then found out her heart had stopped. I was induced and delivered a stillborn little baby. Two and a half months later I was pregnant again. It was hard to not worry. I just tried to keep my mind on other things and not worry. Prayed a lot and counted down each day. I had my rainbow baby @36 weeks!!! Congratulations!!!!! I hope your baby sticks and you have your rainbow baby!!

5 years ago

Pregnancy after loss is a whole different beast. I always thought once i got to the point where i lost the others it would be easier but it wasn't. The worry doesn't go away, but once i started feeling her move every day it was better, but i still worried. I didn't let myself get attached to her until they put her in my arms. It was hard. My suggestion is to maybe find a counselor to talk to through the pregnancy. I'm praying this is your rainbow!

5 years ago

I’ve had 4 chemicals...some back to back. I did the same thing w the tests looking for them to get darker which only increased my anxiety. I know it’s hard but hang in there. Try to relax. Everything happens for a reason. Good luck.

Paige

5 years ago

I am feeling exactly the same way! After a miscarriage in September, I finally got another bfp last Friday. I took another test today to confirm that it was real. I find myself super nervous that this pregnancy will also end in a miscarriage and I am trying not to get excited, which is impossible! I am also over-analyzing every twinge I feel which is making me crazy! I hope that this feeling passes, but I'm not sure that anything will make me believe that this pregnancy will last until I'm way further along. Congrats on your BFP and know that there are other ladies out there who are just as nervous as you are!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo