Community post

Discussion

Metformin & Pregnancy?

Would love to hear (read) some pregnancy success stories while taking Metformin!! I have been trying for years now & my ob wants me to start taking Metformin so I curious to know if this medication helps any!!

2 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I got pregnant with my third while on metformin. I know of a lot of women who have conceived on it. It doesn't work for everyone but it does work for a lot. I don't know if anyone has warned you of the terrible gi side effects it has or not? You have to be VERY careful about what you eat. Stay away from anything fatty or sugary. You will be on the toilet a lot the first few weeks until you get used to it. You will likely loose a good amount of weight while on it too. But its all worth it in the end if it gets you that bfp! Just curious, does your ob suspect you have pcos?

5 years ago

At first she said I had it based off all the symptoms I told her, but after an ultrasound & blood work she said everything was normal. But, a few years ago when we first started trying to conceive, a different ob did tests & said my body produces too much insulin & I remember reading some where that is a symptom of PCOS.

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo