Community post

Success story

I’m 38 with endometriosis- I got a BFP at 10 dpo from first iui

I wanted to write this as on this journey to conceiving, forums like this and ladies sharing their stories has given me hope in what seems like an impossible situation. I want to pay that forward and give other ladies hope too!

I’m 38, turning 39 this week. I just got my bfp on 10 dpo this week from my first iui. I also took letrozole on days 3-7 of my cycle. I’m beyond excited after this long uncertain road!! God is good and has granted us this miracle!

I have severe endometriosis that was diagnosed 2 years ago after a long road of testing. It has caused me so much excruciating pain and suffering. I have a large endometrioma on each ovary. I was told by my gyno at the time that it was so severe that if they did surgery they would likely have to remove my ovaries. She said the cysts are destructive and told me if my husband and I wanted babies we had no time to waste. And should move directly to ivf. I had spent all of my adult life in school and various other circumstances lead me to only thinking about starting a family in my late 30s. I thought I had time, I had no idea I’d get this awful disease endometriosis.

We then started the long road of fertility testing and trying to conceive. We found out my husband at age 41 had low testosterone and sperm count but miraculously both of my tubes were clear from our hsg results. I also found out I had a small uterine polyp and a partially septated uterus. So we had several fertility hurdles to climb and choices to make.

Our fertility doctors put my husband on clomid and that raised his sperm count! While we were waiting for the clomid to work we were trying naturally and I got pregnant! I couldn’t believe it and it gave me so much joy! Unfortunately it turned out to me a chemical pregnancy. We were devastated. Two months later I had another chemical pregnancy. It was so devastating. My fertility doctor said unfortunately at my age (38) many of my eggs would have chromosomal abnormalities and that’s why chemical pregnancies are much more common. I also had the added challenge of two large endometriomas on my ovaries which can be toxic to eggs. I was feeling so hopeless. She advised that we try 3 rounds of medicated iui (letrozole)and then move on to ivf. I scoured the medical literature and found lots of worrisome journal articles about the toxic affects of endometriosis on egg quality. That even if I released a healthy egg that it could become damaged from the toxic environment that endometriosis creates. I searched and searched for examples of success with an older woman with bilateral endometriomas having success with iui. I found one woman in a forum that had!! That was enough for me and we went ahead and scheduled it this month. To my utter amazement, it has worked!!!!! My husband and I are beyond thankful for this miracle. It’s still early, but I feel really good and strong that this lil bean will stick!

I wanted to add that after my second chemical miscarriage 3 months ago I researched a ton and put my husband and I on a vitamin regimen. I’m a firm believer in taking whole food vitamins and not synthetic ones as our bodies can better absorb it better. We wind up peeing most of synthetic ones out. I think it did help us. We’ve been on it a few months:

-We are both on a whole food multivitamin. It’s The Synergy Company Pure Synergy multivitamin. We both take one a day in morning

- I’m on the Megafood Blood builder whole food iron supplement. I take one a day in morning

- We both take ubiquinol every day. I take 300 mg and my husband takes 100 mg in morning

- I take the megafood magnesium supplement at night

My husband takes L-Carnitane once a day

I really hope that this gives you ladies some hope that despite being older and having medical hurdles, against all odds it can happen and don’t lose hope!! I’m wishing you all lots of baby dust and bfps!!!!

6 Comments • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Congratulations! It's so nice to hear success stories. I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months and a wonderful little one.

5 years ago

Thanks so much I’m very blessed. I wish you much health, happiness and baby dust!!

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Congratulations!! This gives me so much hope! I too have endo (since I was 19, now 25) and on my third cycle of trying to conceive naturally.

What symptoms did you have?

User image

5 years ago

Thank you for this post. Something I needed to read being 39 and having had miscarriages myself with PCOS. I needed a break after the last miscarriage last year. Took a year off actually because its so emotional at times. I hope you have a healthy baby!!

5 years ago

Congrats! What clinic did you undergo yr treatment? I am considering clinic in Poland or Spain, cos of more pocket-friendly prices.

#1 IVF failed, no implantation #2IVF failed, no implantation, #3IVF - a new clinic in Gdansk

5 years ago

I believe God would make you fertile when he pleases. I am so happy to say this. I have suffered from infertility for 6 years of my marriage. I have gone to so many therapy, taken so many medication I lost count of medication i took. but my colleague at the office introduced me to mother Iya, about her herbal remedy, her type of medication and after using it , its effectiveness. after taking it for 1week, I conceived and I gave birth to my little boy, he is 3years old now and I am pregnant again big thanks to colleague for introducing me Mother Iya you can contact at her on nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com and +441133201124, if you do seek permanent solution as well.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo