Community post

Success story

Positive test at 19DPO after trying for almost 2 years!

My husband and I had been ttc for almost 2 years. I am 30 years old. About 6/7 months ago I found out that I have a gene mutation/blood clotting disorder MTHFR a1298c. I had around 7 early miscarriages during the last 2 years of ttc. So I researched This gene mutation and figured out it was the most probable cause of infertility. I also have a pituitary tumor that has affected my prolactin levels and caused my HGH levels to drop to 0.03!!! So I started doing research on supplements to help boost my HGH levels and started taking L-Arginine and L-Lysine. I got pregnant a month after taking it!

Also with this gene mutation you can’t take folic acid because your body can’t break it down, you have to take a form of Methyl-Folate so I found a prenatal with that in it made by The Honest Company. It’s a little pricey but definitely worth it! With Methyl-Folate it’s measured in mcgs instead of mgs because it is more pure and you don’t need as much of it as you do folic acid.
My last period was 3/3/18 and I am now 6 weeks 2 Days. My first positive was 4/4/18 taken in the afternoon and the one shown in the picture was 4/5/18 with FMU and my pregnancy was confirmed on 4/5/18 by the doctor!
I have just put my faith in God and I just pray this little miracle keeps growing into a strong and healthy baby!

My symptoms:
-Cramps in my calves (mostly the right leg)
-palms near my thumbs feel like they are tearing when I do certain things
-Slight cramps sometimes
-Pain in lower right abdomen (feels like maybe a cyst I have always had cysts on or near my ovaries)
-slight feeling of muscles in lower abdomen tearing/pulling when I move certain ways or stretch my back
-Bbs very tender and (tmi) there is always hard crusty stuff in my nipples not a ton just like the size of a pen tip. (I just clean it out daily)
-I was very stuffy for about a week before BFP and it lasted about another week after.
-My temp is always 97.5(ish) and it has been about 98.3 since BFP (it’s just a regular digital thermometer from the dollar store)
-Last 2 Days I have had an awful migraine (I have chronic migraines but I didn’t have any since I got the BFP until 4/13/18 and it’s still lingering as of 4/15/18)
-my hair started getting super greasy about a week ago (my hair is very long and thick and I normally go 3-4 Days between washes but now it’s just become an everyday wash because it’s just gross!
-about a week & 1/2 ago my sense of smell started getting really strong and has only gotten stronger everyday it seems!
-a few days after BFP I started noticing that I had become very calm and more loving and compassionate
-I have been super emotional for the last 3 weeks and it seems I get more emotional each day (crying over every little thing but they aren’t happy tears!)
-frequent urination has been on and off since BFP but over the past few days it is really hard to go very long without making a trip to the bathroom!
-been getting very tired for about a week and that is also increasing by the day!
-I have had diarrhea pretty bad since before BFP and just yesterday it seems like the hormones are definitely causing some slowing of digestive tract (I had my gallbladder removed in 2014 so if I eat anything high in fat it makes me have to run to the bathroom so I have been trying to avoid that!)
-I feel extremely thirsty just over the 2 Days my mouth has been pretty dry over the last 24 hours
-can’t sleep very good because I just can’t get comfortable!
-haven’t been super hungry but I have been trying ro make sure I eat foods higher in protein and all the essential vitamins naturally in them that is good for baby!
-pretty bad lower back pain
-got dizzy in the shower yesterday
My teeth/gums have been hurting for about 3 weeks now and it’s getting worse.

Health Issues:
I am about 5’3” and weigh about 220lbs so I am considered obese which I think is rude but whatever!
-Medullary Sponge Kidney
-Fatty Liver
-Disease, Lupus/Connective Tissue -Disease (it hasn’t been been confirmed which one it is for sure),
-Fibromyalgia,
-Chronic Migraines,
-General Anxiety which is pretty severe,
-High Blood Pressure,
-Pituitary tumor (has caused high prolactin levels and most recently extremely low HGH level)
-Degenerative Disc Disease!
I am a hot mess!

So I just wanted to share my story because I was so heart broken every month either because I started my period or had a misscarriag and even if my story only helps 1 person get pregnant that will be amazing!
I definitely need continued prayers because I go for my first Ultrasound 4/19/18! I will be 6 weeks and 6 Days and I am just praying that everything looks normal and healthy so far!
Good luck to everyone still TTC I truly feel for you! Tons of baby dust to all who are still trying!

Obviously consult with your doctor before taking any supplements that I have mentioned because they may not be safe for everyone!
Also L-Lysine is not recommended while pregnant so I quit taking it about 3 weeks after the first day of my last period started. L-Arginine is actually good for you especially if you do have the MTHFR gene mutation or even high blood pressure like me and a bonus is that it helps reduce your risk of preeclampsia!!! Once again obviously consult with your doctors to make sure any of these are safe for you! Again lots of baby dust to everyone’s ttc! I hope this helps someone!

If anyone’s else is at all similar to me please share your experiences but I honestly only want positive news because i am already scared and freak out over pretty much every cramp or pain!

user submitted image

4 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Congratulations.

6 years ago

Congratulations on your ! x

6 years ago

Thank you ladies! I has been a crazy journey so far! Around 5–6 weeks I went to the ER for a migraine that had lasted 3 Days and they did an Ultrasound’s and told me I was going to have a miscarriage and start bleeding within a few days and there were no signs of it at all... even on the ultrasound (pictured below)! So I went the next day for an ultrasound somewhere else and they said everything looked perfectly fine! Had another ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 Days and saw the heart beating away and I just burst into tears of joy! I could already see the tiny leg buds! Next ultrasound is May 16th I will be 9 weeks 5 Days by then! Hoping I get to see some wiggles and a strong heartbeat!

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

My ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 Days beautiful heartbeat and tiny leg buds!!!!!
??????????

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo