Community post

Success story

Pregnant 3 weeks after miscarriage?!

Okay - so this may be a little confusing...

LMP 4 August
Found out i was pregnant 9 days past ovulation....

On September 16 i started bleeding, was in and out of the hospital having various tests, first HCG came back as 650 (for 6 weeks pregnant at the time i was worried this was a little low) so they sent me away for 48 hours to wait and have another level check. Unfortunately my levels the next time i checked only rose to 750. No where near enough for a viable pregnancy (they had wanted my levels to double to at least 1200 so that they could perform an U/S)
So, devastated (and still bleeding) we went home. It was like the moment they told me the pregnancy wasn't viable my body let go, because by the time my husband had driven us home the miscarriage was in full flight and i was bleeding and cramping so heavily.

So the actual miscarriage happened around 19 September.

I grieved for a while... then i decided to revise the life plan "everything happens for a reason" and i felt emotionally okay to move forward with life.

So... i remember about 8-9 days later feeling like i was ovulating but thinking "this is mad, i have only just had a miscarriage" but i was super aroused and had pains in my lower tummy and wet CM. So hubby and i had already bought condoms in preparation for the next month of being safe until my cycles returned to normal. We had ONE slip up though with out protection.

Anyway, i had been advised by nurses to monitor my HCG levels and to watch them going down so i went to my local gp. Those results on 26 of september came back at 170.

The following week i was meant to get them done again, however i went to the doctors and waited an HOUR before i couldn't wait anymore (had to get my daughter from child care) and made an appointment for the following week...

So.. 5th of October.. i get my bloods taken again for HCG level. I wasn't at all anxious about getting the results.. so i let them go for a week... i thought, surely im getting my period any day now. Anyway, I ended up getting a bit of a gastro bug and had the day off work this last monday (10 October) while i was there getting a certificate i thought i would get my blood results...

So the results for the test i had on the 5th October came back at ... 235

... "what?"

so doc sent me back for another hcg test which i got results for yesterday and the results are - level of 447.

So as you could imagine i am very shocked and very confused... and excited and cautious and exhausted. Doc says more than likely i fell pregnant that 'one time'.
So the pessimist in me has asked to have more investigations lol

Next week when i am on holidays i willl be going in for an ultrasound and yet another hcg test (walking pin cushion here)

I don't know if i should yet get excited, i don't know what my dates or anything are what so ever.

I just thought i would let all you lovely ladies know that, yes it's possible.

XXXXX
BriSki

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo