Community post

Question

10 DPO test?

I'm 10 DPO today and took a test earlier. It was in the evening so wasn't the first urine of the day. The test strips I have are the cheap ones but I'm counting on them to work anyway.

In the instructions it says to use from the day the period is due, but it says they're early detection on the box? anyway. The test came back completely 200% negative. Is this unusual or are these tests just really not good at picking it up early. They say they are 25mIU.

Anyway I'm disappointed, but I'm going to test again in the mornings up until my period is due. Anybody else experienced something similar? Just feeling a bit alone.

1 Answer • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi! I'm sorry you're feeling a bit alone, ttc can do that... The disappointment of a negative test can be huge. But you're not alone, this site proves it!
The reason the instruction says that is probably because the test is more reliable if you take it the day your period is due. In other words: if you get a negative on the day your period is due, you're most likely not pregnant. However, if you take it early and its negative, there is still a chance that you are pregnant (but the test did not pick it up yet). There are some interesting statistics on this site concerning this topic:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=10
Basically, 1 out of 3 women who are actually pregnant test 200% negative on 10dpo. So you're not out yet ;-) Good luck!!!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo