Community post

Question

Perimenopause or Pregnancy

Just a question, how can you tell the difference between the perimenopause or pregnancy. I'm going to be 45 in March, been trying for #2 for years. Got pregnancy a few times, lost them. This month is strange for me because my breasts are really really sore and nipples highly sensative. More then normal I would get before my period. I mean I have trouble sleeping because they hurt. I'm running a low grade fever and falling a sleep around 9 or so after putting my daughter to bed. I normally have issues sleeping but never go to sleep that early. Just wondering really what the main difference is? I'm due to get my period next week Tuesday, I believe.

4 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

You never know till you test! Good luck and baby dust to you! :)

8 years ago

I would say those are pregnancy symptoms. By chance did you take Clomid in any recent cycles? When I was on Clomid, I felt like my sensitivity was heightened by 100x. The wind against my shirt would hurt. Good luck to you- I hope this is your cycle.

8 years ago

It's very hard to say. Every person is different and so is every cycle. I am 40 so also experiencing peri symptoms.

One cycle my breasts hurt so badly that I could barely stand the water in the shower to touch them. I soon got a BFP but lost it after only a few days-CP. Next cycle same breast pain, BFN. This cycle I had NO symptoms. I got a BFP and then my nipples became itchy and sensitive and I had slight nausea, nothing else.

I was sure that with such mild symptoms that I'd surely lose it. Everything is healthy and fine so far! Like Ana said, you won't know until you test!!I'm not sure that symptoms mean anything. Best of luck and baby dust!! xx

8 years ago

Thank you everyone! Baby Dust to you too. Yep I agree it seems the older I get the more I feel so not in tune with my body anymore, its crazy. I'm really trying to not get my hopes up or think too much about it, because lets face it we can all get a little crazy. I was just curious if anyone had experienced it or not. Always, interested in hearing others stories, helps me feel not so alone.

@Praying- I actually didn't use anything cycle. I started to drink some Fertility tea and I was doing yoga mixed with some acupressure points for fertility (mainly using that for relaxation because its really relaxing) but nothing really else. Clomid when I did take really did make things 100% heightened for me too. This is my last year of trying, we have been trying for 4 years -had some loses.

@ Nat-Thank you so much. I'm sorry for your losses, never easy. and Congrats to you! Think positive, you never know.

Baby dust to us all and Happy New Year guys!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo